Setting out the mayor's agenda
- Balancing act. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/11/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p2
The article focuses on the contenders for the Mayor post in Chicago, Illinois.
- The crucial tests for Mark Green. // Crain's New York Business;10/15/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p8
Comments on the task of democratic party mayoral candidate Mark Green in New York, New York. Commitment of Green on the revival of the weakening economy; Continuation of support of Green to police and firefighters; Need of Green to remain as an anti-union candidate.
- Voters respond to mayoral race questions. // Inside Tucson Business;10/27/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the response of the voters to mayoral race questions in Tucson, Arizona. Restoration of city services; Limitation of urban sprawl; Consideration of traffic priority.
- Those who would be mayor. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/21/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p1
Cites the leading candidates for the position of mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana. Elections to be held in March 2002; Potential to become the city's business ambassador; Each candidate's plan for leading the city; Candidates' commitment to making City Hall more friendly to business.
- A consumer's guide to the race for Mayor of Salt Lake City. Wilson, Ted // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/29/99, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p18
Profiles the candidates for 1999 mayoralty elections in Salt Lake City, Utah. Rocky Anderson; Jim Bradley; Dave Jones; Stewart Reid.
- What I would do if elected mayor. Harmsen // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/20/99, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p22
Presents the views by the author on what he will do if elected mayor of Salt Lake City, Utah. Includes city partnerships with education and justice programs; Use of redevelopment resources to re-invest in safer neighborhoods; Allocation of Main Street payment to neighborhood community councils.
- Our new mayor: Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Wilson // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/27/99, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p18
Lists the characteristics and attitudes that should be looked for by voters in the candidates for mayor of Salt Lake City, Utah. Includes plans for a business center, about tax increases and the Olympic games; Vision of what kind of city he wants; Attitude towards undue and real criticisms;...
- Rainy-day mayor. Rundles, Jeff // ColoradoBiz;Mar2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p49
Reveals why the author is running for mayor of Denver, Colorado. Effects of term limits on the administration of the city; Concerns for the consequences of United Airlines Inc.'s bankruptcy on the Denver International Airport; Need to do more for education.
- George Spitz, the fifth candidate. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;8/23/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 34, p7
Reports the candidacy of George Splitz for mayor in New York, New York. Concerns on the campaign, financing and patronage of Splitz's position; Expression of an international platform by Splitz; Attributions of Splitz to the expansion of a voter's guide.