Tour shows off top UK design
- Innovation gets seal of approval. // Professional Engineering;09/03/97, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p13
Reports on the Design Council's plans to launch a program to promote innovative products made in Great Britain. Call for nominations that will select goods and services illustrating clever use of technology, environmental responsibility and clear end-user benefits.
- Expo shows off British design. // Marketing Event;Jun2000, p4
Provides information on the British Design & Art Direction 2000 awards at the Design Council and the British Council's Millennium Products exhibition in May 2000. Comments from Design Council chief executive, Andrew Summers.
- Design delivers. // Works Management;Jul1997, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p7
Presents a report of the Design Council on the profits of investment in product development and design. Impact of in-house product development and design activities.
- Bright engineering ideas join millennium list. Howell, David // Professional Engineering;09/08/99, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p14
Features some engineering-related products included by the Design Council to the list of the Millennium Products showcasing the innovation and creativity of British companies. Includes Master Mover range of tugs; Renold Smartlink; Truecraft Bead Breaker; Light emitting polymer; Rigel optical...
- Schools event draws on WMH. // Design Week;4/25/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the creation of identity by Williams Murray Hamm for the Designers Into Schools Week of the Design Council in Great Britain which will be held from June 24 to 28, 2002.
- Create for the millennium. // Professional Engineering;07/08/98, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p5
Reports that applications are being sought by engineering companies for the Design Council's Millennium Products tag. When the applications will be closed; What is the aim of Millennium Products; Comments from spokesman for the council.
- Rich pickings in Enterprise Insight move. // Design Week;
The article announces that Harry Rich resigned from his position as deputy chief executive of the Design Council.
- GOOD DESIGN. Unger, Mervyn // Accountancy;Feb1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1110, p66
Reports that the Design Council aims to change the attitudes of managers in Great Britain, who are slow to recognize that profitability results from good design. Reasons why the connection between good design and good financial performance is not as widely accepted by businessmen; Association...
- Design Council initiatives launch. // Design Week;11/14/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p3
Announces the Design Council's launching of the Design Demonstrations initiative to raise the profile of design in the Great Britain industry. Aim of the initiative to encourage companies to make the design principles that arise central to their processes.