Government's Economic Management Criticised By EU
- External Debt Grows. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2007, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
The article presents an economic forecast for Lithuania for 2007. Foreign direct investment is expected to increase. Current account deficit is unlikely to improve in the succeeding years. Budget deficit is expected to constitute 1% of the gross domestic product (GDP). Projected trade balance,...
- EU Optimism Will Support Peg. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p14
Discusses several aspects of Lithuania's economy as of October 2003. Forecasting on the economy; Increase in current account deficit; Weakness in exports during the second quarter of 2003.
- Government Unveils 2007 Budget. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2006, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p12
The article presents an economic outlook for Lithuania, as of December 2006. The national budget is expected to register a deficit of about 1.6 percent of gross domestic product in 2007. The personal income tax will remain unchanged in 2007, having been reduced from 33 percent to 27 percent in...
- Deficit Narrowing Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article offers forecast on the economic condition in Lithuania. It predicts a decline in the nation's budget deficit from 7.1 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2010 to five percent of GDP in 2011 and expects the deficit to reach 3.8 percent of GDP of by 2012. It also explores the...
- LITHUANIAN ECONOMY IN 2011-2020: FORECAST OF MAIN MACROECONOMIC PARAMETERS AS A TOOL TO CONSIDER SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF HEALTH FINANCING. Cerniauskas, Gediminas; Panovas, Igoris // Intellectual Economics;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p258
The forecast of the Lithuanian economy is developed according to the national trends apparent in 2000-2010 as well as by applying the theory of convergence in the EU region. The main parameters of scrutiny are GDP, inflation, employment/unemployment, budget revenues and expenditures, public...
- Revenue Outlook Still Weak. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p11
The article presents an economic outlook for Lithuania as of March 2011. It anticipates that the planned deficit reduction to 3% of gross domestic product (GDP) by 2012 is quite ambitious, particularly as Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius' administration faces a key election in October 2012....
- Country Intelligence: Report Lithuania. // Lithuania Country Monitor;Jun2012, p1
The article offers an economic outlook for Lithuania from 2012 throughout 2016. It presents assumptions for its domestic economy denoting the continued restrictive fiscal policy through 2013-2014, the ability of the country to finance the fiscal deficit and roll over debt through market-based...
- Lithuania. // Lithuania Country Monitor;Oct98, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, forecasts and statistics for the economy of Lithuania as of October 1998.
- Lithuania // Lithuania Country Monitor;January 1999, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts on the economy of Lithuania as of January 1999