RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA
- REGIONAL RISK PROFILE. // West & Central Africa Monitor;Sep2003, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p1
Despite only taking office in January 2003, factional differences have already begun to threaten the cohesion of the National Rainbow Coalition. A crisis cabinet meeting was held in August to determine the fate of the coalition, as squabbling deteriorated between National Alliance of Kenya and...
- BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
The article offers news briefs on topics related to risks in Bosnia and Hercegovina including the failure of the political party leaders to inaugurate the federal parliament, public finances suffered a sharp deterioration during the economic crisis as tax revenues shrunk, and the local water...
- Country Risk Summary: BARBADOS. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p2
Provides a summary of the country risk faced by Barbados as of October 2004. Debate between the ruling Barbados Labour Party and the opposition Democratic Labour Party on public housing; Stability of the political climate in the country; Increase in unemployment rate.
- Country Risk Summary: MEXICO. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p3
Presents a country risk summary for Mexico as of September 2003. Political risk from the competition between Partido Revolucionario Institucional and PAN; Short- and long-term economic ratings; Decline in the business environment rating.
- MYANMAR. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p8
Presents a country risk summary in Myanmar. Stance of the military to the ethnically based political parties; Forecast of the Asian Development Bank on consumer prices; Absence of investment-protection schemes.
- LAOS: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2006, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the economic risk factor in Laos. The replacement of Laos President Khamtay Siphandone by VP Choummaly Saysone and the victory of Laos People's Revolutionary Party in the May 2006 election will create an economic scenario in the country. The total fiscal deficit has raised...
- Country Risk Summary: BRAZIL. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p2
Summarizes the country risk of Brazil in 2003. Signs of discord within the ruling political party of the Brazilian government; Rise in the inflation index from December 2002 to January 2003; Prediction on the rise in Brazil's total public sector debt by end-2003; Status of its business...
- Country Risk Summary: URUGUAY. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p8
Presents the country risk rating of Uruguay as of April 2003. Cancellation of the informal party alliance between Partido Nacional and Partido Colorado; Outlook on the slowdown of the economy for the first quarter of 2003; Downgrade of the credit rating given by ratings agency Fitch.
- United Kingdom: Country Forecast: Forecast Scenarios. // Political Risk Yearbook: United Kingdom Country Report;2003, p15
Presents data and analysis of an 18-month and five-year country risk forecasts in Great Britain. Influence of the Labour Party; Assessment of the government's economic, trade and foreign policy; Market conditions for foreign investments.