Security Initiatives Temper Russian Relations
- Time Running Out For Polish And US Defence Negotiators. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
The article provides a political outlook for Poland through 2009. Analysts believe that a further set back in negotiations between Poland and the U.S. over the latter's proposed construction of a missile base suggests that time may be running out to get a deal approved. They also maintain that...
- chapter 4: Special Report. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2010 2nd Quarter, p31
The article presents the forecast of political risks in Poland from 2010 to 2019, along with various charts depicting the major leadership succession in several countries within the years, the nations at risk of major political upheaval and interstate conflict.
- Report on new N. Korea missile lines backs Gates' warning of 'direct threat' to U.S. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;8/24/2011, p4
The article focuses on a report, according to which North Korea is expanding its long-range missile facilities that is a threat to the U.S. The report reveals six new annexes at an engine test site some 500 meters from the missile plant. It also mentions that North Korea deploys 120 Scud...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2008 3rd Quarter, p6
The article reports on the political outlook of Poland for the third quarter of 2008, including information on the country's political system as well as its foreign relations policy with European neighbors.
- NATO'S MISSILE SYSTEM AND RUSSIA. Özdal, Habibe // USAK Yearbook of International Politics & Law;2011, Vol. 4, p337
The article discusses the issue involving North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and Russia which concerns NATO's decisions at the summit in Lisbon, Portugal. It is inferred that NATO intends to build a missile defense system in Europe and the alliance is expected to decide on the project to...
- China hints a missile removal offer following economic pact with Taiwan. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;8/4/2010, p3
The article reports on the willingness of China to remove its short- and medium-range missiles targeting in Taiwan. The likelihood to remove missiles is part of an effort to build a framework for peaceful development. President Ma Ying-Jeou of Taiwan calls China to pull back the missiles...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2006 2nd Quarter, p5
The article presents economic and political outlook of Poland and provides information about its strength, weaknesses, opportunity and threats for the second quarter of 2006.
- One Place Where Secrecy is Vital. Alsop, Stewart // Saturday Evening Post;5/30/1959, Vol. 231 Issue 48, p10
Focuses on the need of the U.S. government to maintain secrecy about their missile bases. Information about an informal conversation between an American technician and his Russian opposite number regarding missile bases of their countries; Reference to the publicity given to the proposed sites...
- Cuban Maneuvers. // America;11/17/1962, Vol. 107 Issue 33, p1086
The author reflects on the U.S.-Soviet Russia agreement on Cuba. He stresses that the agreement was tightly locked in the indirect mind of the Cuban dictator as well as the indirect recesses of the Kremlin. Citing the refusal of Fidel Castro to permit on-site inspection of Soviet missile bases,...