RISK SUMMARY: POLAND
- FROM THE EDITOR. // Warsaw Voice;Jul2013, Issue 7, p3
In this article, the author focuses on the benefits associated with the selection of Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk as president of the European Commission for Poland and mentions reactions of Polish politicians on his selection as head of the commission.
- Tax reform is needed in North Carolina. Berger, Phil // Charlotte Post;2/7/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p4A
The article discusses the problems arising out of existing tax system in North Carolina and the need for new reform which will help in combating unemployment.
- Cyprus jobless increase faster than anticipated, commission says. // Regional Today;9/19/2013, p2
The article reports on the statement of the European Commission that unemployment in Cyprus increased faster than anticipated and is expected to be at 19.5% in 2014.
- Emerging Europe Monitor Central Europe & Baltics. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2013, Vol. 20 Issue 10, preceding p1
The article discusses a report by data and analysis provider Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) related to macroeconomic prospects and political risk in Europe countries and states including Poland, Slovakia, and Latvia. It informs that Prime Minister Donald Tusk was voted by Civic...
- Postcard from Gibraltar. // International Money Marketing;Jul/Aug2004, p13
Speculates on the ability of Gibraltar to uphold the competitiveness of its financial industry against the European Union's insistence that it should levy the same tax rates as Great Britain in 2004. Legal challenge filed by the country and Great Britain against a ruling by the European...
- Chapter 17 on Turkey's accession to the EU expected to be opened. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;3/23/2015, p1
The article discusses a report from news agency Anadolu Agency on the relations between Turkey and European Union (EU) and the submission of a revised position paper on Chapter 17 of the legal acts, which focuses on economic and monetary policies by Turkey to the European Commission as of March...
- Yards finally get grants. // Professional Engineering;05/26/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the grants under the Shipbuilding Intervention Fund (SIF) of Great Britain given to Ailsa Troon and FBM Lairside shipyards. Previous exclusion of the two shipyards from SIF; Need for a formal approval by the European Commission; Value of the grant.
- EC: Hungary should examine imbalance risks. // Hungary A.M.;11/14/2013, p4
The article offers information on the recommendation given by the European Commission to Hungary for examining imbalance risks in its Alert Mechanism Report.
- Polish premier stands by bugged ministers. // Regional Today;6/24/2014, p3
The article discusses the predicament of Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk amid the recording scandal released previously by the periodical "Wprost," and explains that Tusk considers the initiative as meditated according to news agency dpa.