Radio 1 overhauls roadshow format
- Big Weekend In Wales. // Videography;Aug2010, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the preparation of British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) Radio 1's coverage on the Big Weekend music festival wherein the action has taken place in four stages featuring the line up of performers including Rihanna, Cheryl Cole, and disc jockeys Chris Moyles and Tim Westwood in...
- Pyramid selling. Quirke, Antonia // New Statesman;7/5/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5165, p41
The article reviews the British Broadcasting Corp.'s (BBC's) radio coverage of the 2013 Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts held in Somerset, England, citing radio presenters including Nick Grimshaw, Jo Whiley, and Ally McCrae as well as rock musician Mick Jagger.
- R1 set for Sonar live show debut. // Music Week;5/4/2002, Issue 17, p5
Provides information on the plan of Radio One to held live music shows in the 2002 Sonar festival. Implications of the company's presence at Sonar.
- BBC launches ...10m push for Music Live. Brabbs, Cordelia // Marketing (00253650);5/11/2000, p12
Reports that British Broadcasting Corp. will launch a marketing campaign for a special version of its annual Music Live festival. Budget for the festival; Creation of the campaign by Fallon McElligott; Support for the event by `Radio Times' and `BBC Music' magazines.
- BBC pulls the plug on Electric Proms. Williams, Paul // Music Week;2/5/2011, Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the budget cut implemented by British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) to its Electric Proms music festival in England.
- APPOINTMENT TO VIEW. // Music Week;7/20/2012, Issue 29, p8
The article offers information related to music industry such as the 2012 Download Festival on July 20, 2012, 2012 British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) Proms on July 21, 2012, and the Superstar talent search on July 25, 2012.
- The View light up Electric Proms. // Music Week;11/4/2006, Issue 44, p1
The article reports on performances by The View and others at a music festival in north London, organized by the BBC, called Electric Proms. The diverse acts performing included James Brown, Jet, and Paul Weller, and the festival lasted for 5 days. The touring plans and chart success of The View...
- BBC Radio 1 plans location services for music events. Davies, Jessica // New Media Age;5/12/2011, p12
The article provides information on the Big Weekend music festival of British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) Radio 1 in Great Britain in May 2011, which has been launched along with an in-house Web application for location-based services.
- Studio Output illuminates BBC's Glastonbury identity. Gosling, Emily // Design Week (Online Edition);6/25/2013, p3
The article focuses on the pyramid device design of Studio Output Ltd. that made of light for the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC's) coverage of the Glastonbury Festival of folk-rock music.