Dome revamp close to finish
- The Millennium Has Landed. Lucier, James P. // Insight on the News;01/10/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p14
Highlights the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Design of the Millennium Dome; Reason for the site of the Millennium Dome; Historical significance of Greenwich, England.
- Designers step up to the Dome revamp challenge. Exon, Mike // Design Week;6/2/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p3
The article focuses on the revamp of the Millennium Dome, London, England. Three architects are redesigning specific areas of the 500 million pounds dome redevelopment site, HOK London is working on the main arena, Gensler is working on other sections of the dome including the music club, while...
- THE BLUNDERDOME. Specter, Michael // New Yorker;01/29/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 44, p46
Presents a journalist's impressions of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Cost of the construction of the Dome; Metaphor for political vanity and intellectual mediocrity; Ambiguity of the Dome's purpose; Public relations disaster of the building due to its financial troubles; Site of...
- Delay threat to Dome sell-off. // Marketing Event;Feb2001, p13
Provides information on the proposal to auction the exhibits at the Millennium Dome in London, England. Details on the plan of Legacy company to purchase the exhibition building; Estimated cost of the building in the bidding process.
- Under one roof. Stephens, Suzanne // Architectural Record;Dec1999, Vol. 187 Issue 12, p78
Discusses the design of exhibition zones inside the Millennium Dome in London England. Pie-wedge arrangement centered around a central arena; Sculptural spiraling form for the `Shared Ground' exhibition zone; Abstracted form of the Body Zone; Steel-structured Mind Zone.
- Greenwich high time. Boynton, Graham // Conde Nast Traveler;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p156
Reflects on the opening of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England in relation to the historical significance of the place. History; Tourism; Buildings and structures; Description of the Millennium Dome; Government efforts to build the dome; Political debates and criticisms relating to the...
- Dome confusion. // Public Finance;05/05/2000, p14
Reports on Conservative Member of Parliament Peter Ainsworth's call for an investigation into the Millennium Dome. Contradictory statements of Dome managers on spending and attendance figures; Allegations made by Ainsworth against the Dome managers.
- Lack of clear vision turns Dome experience into poor spectacle. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;1/6/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p21
Argues that organizers of the exhibition hall called The Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England, should have decided its purpose in the early planning stages to create a more inspiring experience for visitors. Various attractions in the area; Facility as not living up to expectations; Problems...
- Dome sparks a banner year. // Marketing (00253650);6/29/2000, p42
Analyzes the performance of design agencies handling exhibitions and events in Great Britain in 1999. Ranking of agencies by 1999 revenue; Domination of designers involved in events held at the Millennium Dome in London, England; Disappointing performance of HP:ICM.