Two team up on launch aid
- Melville lures Clifford from RBI to head firm. Bond, Claire // Event;Nov/Dec2005, p8
The article reports on the appointment of Leon Clifford as managing director of exhibition contractor Melville Exhibition and Event Services. Clifford was former publishing director at Reed Business Information. His responsibilities focus on managing all Melville divisions and reporting directly...
- IN BRIEF. // Event;Sep2005, p6
Presents news briefs in the events industry as of September 2005. Move of G-Mex Centre to award its electrical mains contract to Melville Exhibition and Event Services; Audio-visual/information technology contracts for high-profile British exhibitions won by PSL Exhibitions; Launch of...
- Industry cheers plans for marketing agency. Fletcher, Mike // Event;Oct2003, p9
Reports that plans for an Exhibition Marketing Agency (EMA) to raise the industry's profile was applauded at the 2003 Association of Exhibition Organisers (AEO) forum held on September 4-5 at the Hilton Brighton Metropole. Information on the proposals unveiled by AEO Deputy Director Austen...
- IN BRIEF. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p12
Announces the appointment of two executives in the special events industry in Great Britain as of October 2004. David O'Beirne at Stanco Exhibitions; Dave Wilcock at Melville Exhibition & Event Services.
- All contractors want at the NEC is a level playing field. Fletcher, Mike // Event;Jul/Aug2006, p3
The author comments on the plan of NEC Group to launch a contractor division with French event services firm GL Events. He states that such plan threatens Birmingham, England-based Melville Exhibition Services for it will lose its organize service contracts with NEC. However, he claims that NEC...
- IN BRIEF. // Event;Jul/Aug2007, p8
This section offers news briefs on the special events industry in Great Britain as of July 2007. QD Events has mandated Melville Exhibition Services as exclusive supplier of shell scheme, electrical, furniture, floor covering and graphic services for its seven events. Bill Dye has been appointed...
- MOVERS & SHAKERS. // Event;Sep2005, p47
The article provides an update on personnel changes in the events industry as of September 2005. Gwladys Morin has joined Reed Exhibitions. Richard Lee moved to consultancy P& MM as business development director of its new division Rewardvouchers.com, an online system that measures and rewards...
- Melville MD Clifford sets out on his own. Bond, Claire // Event;May2007, p10
The article announces the resignation of Leon Clifford as managing director of Melville Exhibition and Event Services.
- Melville acts to boost shell scheme stock. // Event;Apr2002, p5
Reports on the acquisition by Melville Exhibition Services company of shell scheme brand Sodem. Benefits of the acquisition to the company.