Rover stands in doubt
- The Rover Dilemma. Zoia, David E.; Robinson, Peter; Wielgat, Andrea // Ward's Auto World;Apr99, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p33
Discusses the problem of BMW AG with its Rover automobile. Recovery plan of BMW for Rover; Description of Rover's Longbridge, Great Britain plant; Result of the attempt of BMW to apply for government aid to refurbish and retool the plant; Mistake of developing the Rover 75 sedan; Implications of...
- BMW Earnings Fall; Rover 75 Output is Up. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;8/2/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5831, p61
Reports on the financial performance of Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) AG in the first half of 1999. Decrease in net income; Decline in earnings due to the phaseout of the Rover 600 and 800 series; Increase in manufacturing activity for the Rover 75 sedan.
- Bodacious Bimmers at Bethlehem. Katz, John F. // AutoWeek;8/20/2001, Vol. 51 Issue 35, p20
Reports on the 12th annual Concours d'Elegance automobile exhibition in the United States. Presentation of Bavarian Motor Works (BMW) cars; Highlights of the event; Display of car models.
- New coupe shows BMW is ready to expand 'X family'. Henry, Jim // Automotive News Europe;01/15/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on automobiles introduced by Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) AG at the 2001 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. Reasons BMW is expanding the capacity of its plant outside Spartanburg, South Carolina; Cars introduced by BMW at the 2001 Detroit show.
- Rover deal on rocks; 1 more month, says BMW. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;5/1/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5872, p4
Reports that BMW AG has extended its search for a buyer for its Rover Group subsidiary following collapse of the latter's negotiation with venture capital firm Alchemy Partners. Option for BMW if it failed to find a buyer for its subsidiary; Alchemy's statement concerning the breakdown of...
- Former Rover boss Towers made to wait for BMW talks. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News Europe;04/24/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p9
Focuses on the offer of a consortium headed by former Rover chief executive John Towers to Bavarian Motor Works (BMW) about its plan for Rover Cars company. Information on the ongoing negotiation of BMW with Alchemy Partners; Plans of BMW for Rover; Highlights of the negotiation.
- Rover products die while the industry dithers. // Automotive News Europe;04/24/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p10
Editorial. Comments on the plans of Bavarian Motor Works (BMW) to sell Rover company to Alchemy Partners, a British venture capital fund. Terms of the selling agreement.
- Questions remain in wake of Rover breakup. // Automotive News;4/10/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5869, p30F
Focuses on issues concerning automaker Bayerische Motoren Werke AG's (BMW) sale of Land Rover to Ford Motor Co. and of Rover Cars to Alchemy Partners. Future of each of the companies; Reason for the dismissal of some BMW board members; Role of venture capitalist and Alchemy Partners founder Jon...
- Who's who and what's what in Rover break-up. // Automotive News Europe;03/27/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p6
Answers some questions about Bayerische Motoren Werke's (BMW) sale of Land Rover to Ford and Rover Cars to Alchemy Partners. Contribution of Alchemy founder Jon Moulton and Chris Woodwark, MG Car Company chairman, to the issue; British brands to be kept by BMW.