Thumbs up for budget plans
- Small businesses miss out on most fed tax incentives. Kamerick, Megan // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/6/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p32
Focuses on the impact of federal tax incentives on small businesses in the U.S. Implications of the September 11 terrorist attacks for the operation of local small businesses; Attention of the government on the economic downturn in the national economy; Depreciation on the value of automobiles.
- Mass. panel proposes steps to cut uninsured. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;10/2/95, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p16
Reports that a Massachusetts commission endorsed a system of employer tax credits for small businesses. System as a way of decreasing the number of uninsured low-income workers; Expansion of Medicaid program eligibility to families and individuals with low incomes; Description of the tax...
- President's Policies Strengthen Small Business. Barreto, Hector V. // San Diego Business Journal;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p35
Reports the reformation of government regulation on small business in the U.S. Simplification of the tax code and accounting procedures; Enhancement of contracting opportunities for microeconomics; Impact of tax incentives on entrepreneurs.
- Feedback. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jan2009, p28
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issue including the ability of pharmaceutical industry as one of the strongest placed to survive the economic downturn in the December 2008 issue, the tendencies of many companies in making critical mistake in...
- Kick-Start: Giving small business a push. Jesse, Emma // Finance Week;03/03/2000, p66
Reports on the grant of tax incentives to small medium-sized and micro enterprises in South Africa. Inclusion in budget proposal to stimulate growth in the sector; Launch of project called Kick-Start to provide the youth with business skills to start their own companies; Target age group of the...
- Economic development #3: The cost. Gendron, George // Inc.;Feb94, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p12
Cites a letter from Carolyn S. Konheim, president of the environmental consultant firm Konheim & Ketcham in the `New York Times,' on the trickle-down cost to small- and medium-sized businesses when the city gives a company like Kidder, Peabody & Company $31 million in incentives to stay in the...
- The economics of economic development INCENTIVES. Byrne, Paul // TK...Topeka's Business Magazine;Fall2011, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p62
The article discusses the economic development incentives and its impact on the local businesses in Topeka, Kansas. Economic development professionals consider tax incentives necessary in stabilizing a strong local economy. The activities drawn by businesses receiving the incentive package are...
- New fixed investment plan on the way. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;06/30/2000, p25
Reports on the development of a fixed investment incentive program in South Africa. Government's efforts to encourage new investment in small- and medium-sized manufacturing industries; Tax incentives offered to entrepreneurs. INSET: Other incentives..
- Audit threshold raised to Â£5.6m. Berens, Camillia // Financial Management;Feb2004, p6
Focuses on the regulation increasing the audit exemption threshold for small and medium-sized businesses in England. Amount of increased turnover threshold; Advantage of the increase to businesses; Capability of firms to take advantage of tax incentives on information technology equipment and...