Hire Salespeople First
- Wanted--one great salesperson. Where is she? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/17/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p23
Advises businesses on how and where to look for effective salespersons. Search for salespersons with the help of vendors, present employees, customers, competitors, trade shows and business friends; Use of networking, headhunters, advertising and word-of-mouth activities.
- Follow The Leader. Farber, Barry // Entrepreneur;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p150
Explores key areas in which best sales leaders excel. Traits that are transferred to the entire sales team; Approach in recruiting sales people; Amount of time spent with sales people; Rewards in fulfilling the leader role.
- Hiring for growth. Brodsky, Norm // Inc.;Jul98, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p41
Opinion. Talks about the process of recruiting salespeople. Number of salespeople the author have hired in the past 30 years; Details on guidelines that the author use to recruit salespeople for his company; How salespeople are categorized.
- Search for excellence. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Entrepreneur;Jan1995, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p292
Focuses on ways to select sales personnel. Recruitment of sales personnel; Job descriptions; Sales personnel characteristics; Attitudes; Questions to ask a prospective sales personnel candidate.
- Hire salespeople first. Test, Alan // American Salesman;Apr96, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p3
Discusses the importance of giving priority to recruiting salespeople in starting business operations. Suggestions for establishing standards in hiring salespeople; Evaluation of work misgivings exhibited by prospective employees; Benefits of hiring ideal applicants for sales jobs on business...
- How to hire a sales rep. Harvey, Jeanne W. // Nation's Business;May94, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p60
Outlines considerations in negotiating employment terms with a potential company sales representative. Entering agreements into writing; Defining products; Defining the territory; Deciding about exclusivity; Calculating commissions.
- Good interviewing techniques are crucial to success. Feiertag, Howard // Hotel & Motel Management;11/7/94, Vol. 209 Issue 19, p14
Offers techniques for interviewing sales job applicants. Contacting people mentioned in the applicant's resume as references; Evaluation of characteristics displayed by successful salespeople; Assessment of applicant's preparedness for the interview; Applicant's ability to make sense over the...
- Rational recruiting. Hershman, Dave // Mortgage Banking;Dec96, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p55
Provides tips on recruiting sales managers in the mortgage business. Activities that occupy the greatest portion of a manager's working day; Actions that can help branch managers meet recruitment objectives and at the same time increase their personal production; Identification of target...
- Newport names SE sales rep. // Home Textiles Today;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p15
Reports the recruitment of Krista Milligan for the position of sale representative of Home Fashions.