Comcast Says Hola to Mun2
- NCTA Heaps Scorn on FCC's Carriage Plan. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p2
The article reports on the rejection of a proposal by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide cable-carriage guarantees to certain local television stations in early 2009 in the U.S. The National Cable & Telecommunications Association, leader of the cable industry's largest trade...
- NBCU's Olympic Ambitions. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p2
The article reports that NBC Universal has been negotiating with distributors about carrying the 2010 Winter and 2012 Summer games with a super-sized package of high definition television (HDTV). The enhanced Olympic package is being offered to keep distributors on board after a series of pacts...
- Cox joins Comcast in TiVo guide deal. // CED;Oct2006, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the deal that Cox Communications Inc. has made with TiVo Inc., which allows subscribers of Cox video services to select the TiVo navigational system as their guide for digital cable service. Cox joins with Comcast Corp. in adopting the TiVo navigational system. According...
- FCC to Take 'Quiet' Comments. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p53
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) plans to solicit public perspective on the cable industry's so-called quiet period that would ban television stations from pulling their signals from cable systems during the period before and prior to the digital...
- leaping for high definition. Mui, Ylan // New Orleans Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p32
Reports on the steps taken by television stations in New Orleans, Louisiana, to comply with the mandate of the United States Federal Communications Commission which requires all television stations to broadcast only in digital by 2006.
- KITV: First on-air DTV station. Duggin, J.T. // Broadcast Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p74
Profiles the success of the first on-air Digital Television (DTV) station KITV in Hawaii. Argyle Television's purchase of KITV; Digital System Technology Inc.'s palletization of KITV; Equipment list of KITV; Delay problems in Hawaiian television stations; US Federal Communication Commission's...
- Maintenance tips. Markley, Don // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p326
Offers maintenance tips for digital television broadcasting companies in the United States. Reference to bulletins from Scala Electronic Corp.; Importance of personal safety; Problem encountered by a National Television System Committee station.
- Broadcast entrepreneurs: Awake! McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Aug99, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p138
Explores impact of digital television to television stations. Implications to entrepreneurial manufacturers; Experience on the sale of broadcast equipment.
- A Broadcasters' Guide to PSIP. Whitaker, Jerry C. // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2002, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p75
Provides a guide on the implementation of the digital television Program and System Information Protocol (PSIP) at the television station-level. Characteristics of PSIP; Basic PSIP requirements; Mistakes in the implementation of PSIP; Discussion on the Virtual Channel Table.