Cablevision's Curtain Raiser
- Yankees stay on free TV. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/94, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the agreement reached between WPIX(TV) New York and MSG Network that will keep a package of New York Yankees basketball telecasts on over-the-air television (TV) for three additional years; MSG's ownership of all the TV rights to the Yankees games; MSG's call for WPIX to start paying...
- Garden plot: ITT may sell N.Y. arena share. // Variety;2/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 3, p43
Reports on ITT Corp.'s plan to sell its stakes in New York City-based Madison Square Garden and television station WBIS+.
- Simple Arithmetic. // Time;10/30/1950, Vol. 56 Issue 18, p79
The article reports on the signing of a 500,000 U.S. dollars package deal by officials of Madison Square Garden in Manhattan, New York City with WPIX television station to televise 120 sports events at the Garden. The deal was closed after the cancellation of all the future telecasts of games by...
- Hello Beantown. Waddell, Ray // Billboard;8/16/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 33, p14
The article reports on a business deal involving the companies that operate Madison Square Garden in New York City and the Wang Theatre in Boston, Massachusetts. Jay Marciano, president of Madison Square Garden Entertainment, is quoted discussing the importance of expanding the company's booking...
- WPIX will field Mets in '04, '05. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/5/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the renewal of Tribune Broadcasting Co.'s WPIX television contract with MSG Networks to carry New York Mets' baseball games in 2004 and 2005 in the U.S.
- TICKET SALES RING. Waddell, Ray // Billboard;11/17/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 46, p16
The article discusses the show "Wintuk" by Cirque du Soleil, a family-oriented, winter-themed performance designed exclusively for the WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Madison Square Garden Entertainment president Jay Marciano is quoted discussing the planning, marketing...
- And The Beacon Makes Four. Waddell, Ray // Billboard;12/9/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 49, p19
The article focuses on the inclusion of the Beacon Theatre in the Madison Square Garden Entertainment portfolio. The portfolio also includes Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, and the Theater at Madison Square Garden. Comments on the acquisition are provided by Jay Marciano, the...
- Equipment makers seeing stations stepping up orders. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p10
Reports the capital spending of the television stations in the U.S. Company operation on production costs; Expansion of the media technology companies; Effort of management scheme on digital television transition.
- Ownership cap OK'd. // Daily Variety;7/11/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the legislation restricting foreign ownership of television channels in Russia.