Putting Ads on VOD Menu
- VOD Sea Change. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p20
The article reports on the planned launch of a new video-on-demand (VOD) promotion by Scripps Networks to offer its top-rated shows on-demand, rather than library content in the U.S. Prior to its planned launch, Scripps has been offering utility player library fare on VOD instead of its popular...
- On the Spot. // MediaWeek;4/10/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p50
The article emphasizes the efforts of cable networks to address issues arising from video-on-demand (VOD) systems. One of the factors that hindered growth of advertising opportunities was technological limitations. Several companies, including Rentrak, have developed applications to quantify VOD...
- On the Spot. Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;4/10/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p42
The article focuses on the effort of cable television networks to look for a way to advertise in a video-on-demand (VOD) environment. Even as VOD boosters like Comcast continue to push for free on-demand content, a number of factors have held back growth of advertising opportunities. One...
- Hallmark Reputation. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;8/24/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the launching of the introductory advertising campaigns of Hallmark Channel in the United States. Context of the campaign entitled 'Surgeon' directed by Jim Jenkens; Quality of the commercials launched by Hallmark; Impact of the video on demand on advertisers; Challenges faced by...
- Aping Hollywood. Nashawaty, Chris; Murphy, Maggie // Entertainment Weekly;11/22/96, Issue 354, p12
Discusses a television ad for HBO that involves talking monkeys and uses the name of anthropologist Jane Goodall. A synopsis of the ad; The background of the idea; The cultural significance of it.
- MTV's age spots. Mukherjee, Tiarra // Entertainment Weekly;05/03/96, Issue 325, p11
Focuses on the advertisement for Music Television that is a parody of Courtney Love and Madonna. Features of the ad; David LaChapelle, the ads creator; Reaction from Love and Madonna.
- Chris Boothby was encouraged by ITV's autumn schedule, but wished the BBC had a mention. // Campaign (UK);7/5/2002, Issue 26, p10
Examines the business performance of ITV programme in Great Britain. Emphasis on the lack of imagination against old program schedule; Need to show improvements in performance; Concern on ITV's marketing and relationship with viewers.
- Hallmark to liberate the remote. // Televisual;May2002, p10
Presents information on the advertisement created by creative director Adam Woods for the television network Hallmark. Theme of the television advertisement; Production of the commercial.
- USA clears daytime slate for make-goods. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;6/16/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 24, p12
Discusses plans by USA Network to remove all its daytime advertising inventory off the market for the second and third quarter in 1997 to accommodate make-goods for advertisers. The removal of remaining available time from sales; The underdelivery of the network; The USA problems as surprising...