- Microsoft Plans for Personalized Ads. Haugsted, Linda; Spangler, Todd; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p47
The article reports on the patent application by Microsoft for a new system that will enable highly-personalized television advertising in the U.S. in 2007. It includes information on the key features and specifications of the new system, as well as its potential market applications in the cable...
- Microsoft Inks HBO Go, Bravo and More for Xbox. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p14
The article announces the partnership of Microsoft Corp. with content owners and pay television (TV) operators in the U.S. for publicizing its Xbox 360 game console.
- AT&T Misses TV Target. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the failure of AT&T Corp. to offer its U-verse TV in 15 markets in the U.S. by the end of 2006. The company blamed in part the slowdown on enhancing the Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) software provided by Microsoft Corp. When asked why it missed the 15 market goal,...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- 'Vista' worries far off on cable's horizon: New OS supports IPv6, viewed as potential upgrade for online services. Kuhl, Craig // CED;Apr2007, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p42
The article focuses on the impact of the Windows Vista Operating System from Microsoft Corp. on the cable industry's online service business in the U.S. Businesses and industries are wondering how the next generation system will affect their businesses long term. According to Mike Paxton of...
- Xbox One Is Still Stuck in Cables Orbit. // Variety;11/26/2013, Vol. 322 Issue 5, p30
The author offers opinions on the mass media industry. It is stated that cable and subscription television industry companies should praise high technology industries firm Microsoft Corp. for introducing a television program viewing feature of its XBox One video game console which requires a...
- ANGA: European Pulse. Hendrickson, Ron // Communications Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p39
The article reviews the exhibition "ANGA Cable Show" in Cologne, Germany on May 27-29, 2008.
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Broadcasting and Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p24
The article reports that broadcasters and cable operators are opposing the issue of retransmission consent.