SONG SALVO SUIT
- Google Snaps at Viacom. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p128
The article reports on the filing of a response by Google Inc. on the patent infringement lawsuit filed by Viacom Inc. against the company and YouTube Inc. with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Google asserts that they abide by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act...
- YouTube advertising in balance as Viacom brings $1bn lawsuit. Jones, Gareth // Marketing (00253650);5/28/2008, p1
The article features the impact of YouTube's fledgling video advertising service to the company's video-sharing commercial strategy in Great Britain. YouTube is facing a $1 billion lawsuit for copyright infringement against Viacom. If the lawcase would be successful, it could scupper YouTube's...
- Viacom Sues YouTube and Google for $1 Billion in Damages. // EContent;May2007, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p9
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by Viacom Inc. against YouTube and Google in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York on account of massive intentional copyright infringement of the entertainment properties of Viacom. The lawsuit is seeking more than US$1 billion in...
- Beck, Viacom settle Blockbuster shareholder suit. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/8/96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p2
Reports that a lawsuit filed by a Blockbuster video store investor, against Scott Beck, chief executive and co-chairman of Boston Chicken Incorporated and Viacom Incorporated has been settled. Previous ruling.
- Viacom: MTV profits high; Blockbuster disappoints. Jeffrey, Don // Billboard;3/15/97, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p114
Reports that Viacom reported strong financials for MTV in 1996, but lower profits from its Blockbuster Music stores. Financial figures for both divisions.
- MTV, PIX PERK UP VIACOM. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;4/29/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 19, p1
The article reports that the concert documentary of pop singer Justin Bieber and MTV Networks' Snooki helped raise Viacom Inc.'s financial results for the second quarter ended March 31 of fiscal 2011.
- DirecTV/CBS O&Os pact aids MTV nets. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;05/22/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 56, p4
Reports on the plan of DirecTV to invest in Viacom's MTV Networks. Carriage by DirecTV of all CBS-owned television stations; Obtaining of rights to the Viacom-owned CBS O&Os.
- Nick at Nite will go all day long. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;10/30/95, Vol. 339 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the plan of Viacom Inc.'s MTV Networks to launch a 24-hour version of its Nick at Nite cable network, to be called Nick at Nite TV Land. Managers of the network.
- Nickelodean builds branded visitor attraction by the sea. Johnson, Branwell // Marketing Week;7/29/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the plan of Nickelodeon, a children's entertainment brand owned by Viacom, to establish a branded visitor attraction in Great Britain, particularly at Pleasure Beach in Blackpool, England.