WEATHER BIDDING HEATS UP
- Auction channel sets sights on male users. Quilter, James // Marketing (00253650);7/20/2005, p8
The article reports that Sit-Up TV is launching an auction channel aimed at men. Glenn Matchett, head of broadcast and marketing at Sit-Up TV, said the channel, Speed Auction TV, will run auctions where the price goes up, forcing consumers to move more quickly to purchase products. On the other...
- Marketing, philanthropy prompt TelAuc donations. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);4/5/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on TelAuc, an annual auction held in New York by television station WCNY to support public television and radio. Amount raised during the 2001 auction; Items featured in the 2002 auction; Factors that keep TelAuc supplied with auction materials.
- At the showboat helm. Tucker, Linda // New Orleans Magazine;Jan97, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p100
Introduces four veteran volunteers of WYES Television (TV)/Channel 12 in New Orleans that will take charge at the Showboat Auction on May 2, 1997. Background information on the works and contributions of Suzie Russell, Mary Scrignar, Dolores Hall and Margee Farris. INSET: Souper bowl celebration..
- WLIW brings down gavel on auctions. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/16/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 21, p5A
Reports on the decision of Plainview, New York-based public broadcasting station WLIW-21 to scrap auctions as a fundraising tool. Difficulty of arranging auctions; Addition of more fundraising days; Scrapping of auctions due to the inability of the travel industry to make donations.
- Showboat auction. // New Orleans Magazine;May97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p83
Presents New Orleans Channel 12 appreciation of the underwriters who took part in WYES' 31th annual Showboat Merchandise. Invitation for bidders on their Showboat Merchandise Auction items from Cash and Carry; Express bid for easy shopping offered by Showboat organizer.
- Do I hear $450,000? B.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/12/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 47, p4
Reports the auction for television stations in the United States. Statistics of allocated budget; Identification of qualified bidders; Estimation of bids.
- Showboat supplement. // New Orleans Magazine;Jun98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p115
Lists various companies who supported WYES-TV New Orleans' 32nd Showboat Auction. Includes Apollo Hair Systems; The Lafayette Hotel; Pearl's Place.
- Tomorrow's Deals. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p18
The article reveals the plan of Landmark Communications to sell The Weather Channel. According to "The New York Times," the company is seeking around $5 billion for the company and its website. It was reported that the likes of NBC, News Corp. and Comcast were among those expressing interest....
- Weather.com Owner Forecasts Sale. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;1/3/2008, p7
The article deals with the possible sale of Landmark Communications' assets. Landmark Communications, owner of "The Weather Channel" and its web affiliates, a stable of real estate, employment, and travel web sites, and local television stations and newspapers, is putting its properties on the...