TNT'S BIG PLAY
- Is CBS the Underdog? Sedulus // New Republic;5/1/71, Vol. 164 Issue 18, p31
Reviews the television program "The Selling of the Pentagon," telecast on the CBS television channel.
- 'Closer' opens door for cablers. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/14/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 52, p1
The article reports on high television ratings for TNT's drama program "The Closer." Episode ranks as a advertisement-supported cable's most watched telecast of a scripted series. In addition, overall viewership for "The Closer" beat broadcast competition from ABC, NBC, Fox, UPN and WB. The...
- Scripted Series: Never Say Die. Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;3/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the television networks' preference for scripted television programs despite the success of reality television series. Programs planned by different television channels, including an increased number of scripted programs; Improvements made in program scripts in order to fight the...
- FTA starts the year early. Alarcon, Camille // B&T Weekly;1/28/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2504, p7
Reports on the competition in the programming of commercial television networks in time for the new rating season in Australia. Expectation of the Seven Network to draw success from its showing of the U.S. hit "Desperate Housewives"; Presentation of reality/talent show genre in the programming...
- Getting ready for Fall TV shows. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;7/25/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the launch of television stations of their television programming in Tucson, Arizona. Broadcasting of talk shows of Ellen DeGeneres and Oprah Winfrey; Changes to the time slots allocated to the programs; Plan of airing the program of Martha Stewart.
- The Telly. Arlen, Michael J. // New Yorker;5/13/1967, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p182
Comments on the television programming in England. Difference of the English programming from that of other countries; Time at which television programs start airing; Television stations in the country.
- Tube Tap III. Woods, Crawford // New Republic;3/3/73, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p21
Comments on several issues relevant to television programs and television broadcasting in the U.S. Television celebrities; Notable television programs; Television stations.
- In 1st Year, Local People Meters Boost Hearst's WCVB, Cable. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;5/26/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p12
Deals with the success of the first year of deployment of local people meters (LPM) in Boston, Massachusetts to measure local television (TV) audiences. Significance of LPM to WCVB TV station; Disadvantage of not signing on for LPM; List of TV stations which refused to sign on for LPM.
- In L.A., KABC feels like `Millionaire'. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/23/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 9, p8
Reports at the performance of KABC's primetime and daytime television programs in Los Angeles, California for May 2000. Leading daytime and news programs; Audience share; Competition between KABC and KNBC in the primetime category.