Packing It All In
- We Can't Really Call Cable A 'Dinosaur' Anymore. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;4/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p27
The article discusses the 2013 over-the-top (OTT) trade show of cable table companies that was held in San Jose, California.
- Cable Stays Up Amid Big Media Losses. Atkinson, Claire // Broadcasting & Cable;2/9/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p3
The article focuses on the increase in the revenue earned by cable television networks in the U.S. in the year 2008. At News Corp., cable networks reported a $91 million increase in operating income to $428 million when compared with the same period in the year 2007. This growth resulted from...
- Sagansky: TV's 'Underlying Dynamics Not Pretty'. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;9/15/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 33, p16
The article reports on the problems faced by U.S. TV broadcast and cable companies, particularly on declining revenues that affect increases in subscriber fees, as discussed by Global Eagle Entertainment founders Jeff Sagansky and Harry Sloan in the 2014 NextTV Summit in San Francisco, California.
- Cabler revenue up. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;3/5/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the revenue increase of European cable television companies by more than 7% to $22.3 billion in 2008. It cites that global media research company Screen Digest has compiled the figures which are more than double the $10.3 billion recorded in 2000. It also notes the cable...
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;2/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p32
A photo essay is presented highlighting events and conferences related to the cable television and broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of February 2008.
- Events 09/13/12. // CT Reports;9/13/2012, p1
The article offers information on the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2012 to be held in Orlando, Florida on October 17, 2012.
- Earnings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 91, p3
Reports on the cable revenue posted by Disney channel for the first quarter of 2006 in the U.S. Revenue of Disney-ESPN cable nets; Percentage of increase in operating income.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p16
A calendar of special events in the U.S. from October 2010 to February 2011 is presented which includes the 20th annual "Broadcasting & Cable" Hall of Fame in New York on October 27, 2010, the Consumer Electronics Association's 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada...
- NCTA Sets the Date â€” Again. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p26
The article underscores the rescheduling of NCTA of Cable Show '09. It states that this event which was originally scheduled to be conducted on April 5-8, 2008 has been moved to April 1-3, 2008 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Moreover, the event will serve as the anchor for the...