Tough year for trailers
- Trailer output drops 46% in two years. SCHENCK, PAUL // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2009, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p18
This article reports on the decline in truck trailer production during the 2006-2008 period of economic downturn. 151,641 complete truck trailers were produced by major trailer manufacturers in 2008. A 50% to 52% decline in unit numbers were posted by individual manufacturers. According to the...
- Trailer manufacturers post 65% gain. Schenck, Paul // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p18
The article reports on the average 65% increase in production posted by leading truck trailer manufacturers in North America. The number of truck trailers shipped by the manufacturers have increased from 78,525 trailers in 2009 to 121,128 in 2010, according to the results of the annual survey by...
- TRAILER FOCUS: DRY VANS. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 167 Issue 2, p58
The article features several dry vans for commercial carriers, including the SSL from Great Dane, HT HY-Cube from Hyundai Translead, and the 4000D-X Composite from Utility.
- Hauliers urged to order longer semis. Hayes, Derren // Commercial Motor;1/24/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 5519, p11
The article reports on the concerns of trailer manufacturers that they may be overwhelmed by orders of longer semi-trailer trucks from truck operators in the second half of 2013.
- Total industry shipments remain steady for 29 largest trailer builders. Schenck, Paul // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/1/2014, p2
The article reports on the stability of total industry shipments in the truck trailer manufacturing industry in North America in 2013. It mentions industry data including the 244,864 truck trailers built by the largest 29 trailer manufacturers for the year, the forecast of several of those...
- Trailer manufacturers keep rolling. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2013, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p26
The article discusses the highlights of the 71st annual convention of the Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association (TTMA) in the U.S. including the participation of 431 guests, a discussion of the annual trailer forecast, and a discussion of the truck fleet industry from the perspective of customers.
- US trailer net orders advance 32% in June. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2015, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that U.S. trailer net orders grew by 32 percent to 26,700 units as of June 2015, as stated by FTR Associates.
- Slow rebound seen for trailers. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2009, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p20
The article highlights the speech of FTR Associates president Eric Starks during the 67th annual Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association (TTMA) convention in 2009 in which he stated a slow rebound for trailer manufacturers. According to him, the trailer manufacturing industry will not see any...
- TTMA convenes in Florida. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2007, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p36
The article offers information on the annual Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association Convention, held at the Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort in Aventura, Florida from May 16 to 20, 2007. During the convention, trailer manufacturers received a three-dimensional perspective of what the near and...