Lufkin exits commercial trailer markets
- Lufkin Industries' net earnings climb. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on the 2007 third quarter net-earnings of Lufkin Industries Inc. The company has posted net earnings of $19.1 million, compared with $17.4 million for the third quarter of 2006. Lufkin's net earnings have increased to $54.4 million for the first nine months of 2007, despite a...
- By the Numbers. // NACD Directorship;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on a survey which shows that 76.3 percent of respondents claim that their board of directors spend most of its time in strategy.
- Tech Vendor Quitting Field. Garritano, Anthony // National Mortgage News;9/17/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the move of Portellus Inc. to discontinue its mortgage technology business and sell its supporting technology assets in Irvine, California. Portellus has cited that declining market condition is one of the reasons behind its decision. After assessing the market's...
- WaMu Exits Warehouse. Moulo, Paul; Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;9/17/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the move of Washington Mutual Inc. (WaMu), the largest warehouse provider to mortgage banking companies in Seattle, to discontinue its business due to the industry's liquidity crisis. It is noted that WaMu will no longer be a correspondent buyer of closed loans. Moreover,...
- Personal vision is key to business strategy. Riefenstahl, Ed // Fort Worth Business Press;9/8/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p17
The article presents a discussion about personal vision and its role in coming up with a business strategy. It is noted that business owners should have their personal vision aside from that of the business. The personal vision should consider five areas, two of which are retirement and business...
- Mastering business growth and exit planning. HIRST, SUE // NZ Business;Dec2014/Jan2015, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p50
The author offers advice on how entrepreneurs can increase the value of their business before developing exit planning strategies. Topics discussed include the need for business owners to consider the value of their company in retirement planning, the preparation and analysis of business plans...
- A Look at the Legalities. Stegink, Lisa // Association Management;Jan2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p88
Assesses the legal and fiduciary responsibilities of board members. Comparison between duty of care and duty of loyalty; Monitor of organizational planning; Enhancement of public image in an organization.
- News Corp. Expects Split to be Complete June 28. // Electronic Education Report;6/10/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the expected separation of New York-based News Corp. into two distinct publicly traded companies on June 28, 2013 following the formal approval by the board of directors.
- Kea's new board has bold strategy. // NZ Business;Nov2012, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that Kea, an organisation that connects New Zealand to its most influential expatriates, has a new board of directors and a new strategy that increases its reach and influence to connect to more Kiwis worldwide.