Tarping Systems sales defy industry trend
- Dumper jump. Sowman, Colin // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Oct2006, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p32
The article looks at the sales of articulated dump trucks (ADT) in 2006. Colin Timms, senior researcher with Off Highway Research, says ADT sales in Great Britain are reaching levels last seen in 2000 and expects the market to hit 700. Bell UK managing director Neville Paynter says the 20t-plus...
- The drive for efficiency. Tootell, Lawrie // International Construction;May97, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on the market for bigger and faster dump trucks. Background on the development of dump trucks; Factors which affected the technological advances in design and features of dump trucks; Truck vendors' development of new models. INSETS: High-tech hauling.;Volvo trucks supplied to Welsh...
- Half Round and Semi-elliptical Dump Bodies Added to J&J's Product Line. // Fleet Equipment;Sep2000, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p87
Provides information on the units added to the line of dump bodies of J&J Truck Bodies & Trailers. Purpose of the DynaHauler ASE; Description of the DynaHauler AHR.
- Up in the dumps. // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p22
The article focuses on the cost of running articulated dump trucks. Factors that made articulated dump trucks a favorite in Great Britain are explained. The condition of the articulated dump truck market is described. The rising cost of steel is said to affect the market. The cost of putting an...
- Making the earth move. Gilkes, Dan // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Aug2008, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p11
The author offers a look at the latest modifications and innovations on articulated dump trucks (ADT). The slowdown in the British and in a number of other countries around the world has allowed production facilities to catch up with demand. Where some manufacturers, particularly Volvo, had...
- Cat Rolls Out Tier 4 Final Products. // Rock Products;Dec2013, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p7
The article highlights a press event held by Caterpillar at the company's Edwards Training and Demonstration Center near Peoria, Illinois where it introduced its new Tier 4 Final products. The new Cat C-Series articulated dump trucks feature new engines with more power, advanced transmission...
- Hot Stuff. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Nov2004, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p74
The article discusses trucks' maintenance related-issues. William Dickson Industries puts its 42 dump trucks through their paces year-round moving bulk loads of aggregate, shot rock and sand around its service area in rugged, hilly western Pennsylvania. When deep winter cold settles over the...
- New beginning for the trucking industry. // Finance Week;07/30/99, p40
Reports on South Africa truck manufacturers' creation of their own truck engines. Possible changes in truck models and availability; Potential effect of the issue on export and sales; Improvement of quality and service.
- FREIGHTLINER RECALLS BUSINESS CLASS TRUCKS. Nicholas, Jess // Overdrive;Dec2000, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p86
Reports that United States-based truck manufacturer Freightliner is recalling its Business Class dump trucks for brakes defects as of December 2000. Background on the defect affecting the trucks' brake system.