General Dynamics gets MRAP-related orders
- General Dynamics gets $24M Army contract. Harrison, Sheena // Crain's Detroit Business;1/30/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p2
The article reports that Sterling Heights-based General Dynamics Land Systems Inc. has received a $24 million contract from the U.S. Army to provide spare parts for two versions of the Stryker combat vehicle. Work for the contract will be done in Sterling Heights; Scranton, Pennsylvania;...
- Data Cable Lands Canadian Armed Forces Contract. // Wire & Cable Technology International;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p124
The article informs that Data Cable Co., partnered with General Dynamics Land Systems Inc., to support an updated fleet of light armored vehicles for the Canadian Armed Forces, as of January 1, 2014.
- Flexibility: The Key to Success in Weapon System Recapitalization. Rettie, Craig L. // Army Logistician;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the partnership formed by Anniston Army Depot and General Dynamics Land Systems Inc. (GDLS) to recapitalize M1A1 Abrams tanks in the U.S. Repair and refurbishment of the tank components by the depot; Role of GDLS in reassembling the tanks on the original tank production line;...
- Buying more parts? You're not alone. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p56
Examines the demands for repair parts. Sales of commercial vehicles; Improvement of component durability; Speculation of an average increase in vehicle.
- STE-M1/FVS Repair. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May2007, Issue 654, p7
The article announces the availability of STE-M1/FVS combat vehicle repair provided by Team Armor Partnership (TAP) Facility in Fort Hood, Texas. STE-M1/FVS components that need a repair can be sent to the facility along with the owner's name and phone number. These failed components were...
- Force Dynamics breaks production records. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2008, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the increase in the vehicle production of the joint venture Force Dynamics LLC in December 2007, surpassing its monthly target. The joint venture allowed Force Protection Inc. and General Dynamics Land Systems to produce 343 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) Category...
- General Dynamics Continues Stryker Logistics Support. Roosevelt, Ann // Defense Daily;3/9/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 46, p7
The article reports that General Dynamics Land Systems has been awarded a $27 million Army contract modification to provide contractor logistics support on deployed Stryker combat vehicles, as of March 9, 2006. The modification extends the Interim Contractor Logistics Support contract for the...
- PACCAR Parts Celebrates 40th Anniversary. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;5/ 2/2013, p2
The article announces the celebration of the 40th anniversary of PACCAR Parts, which marks four decades in commercial vehicle parts and service.
- Ask the experts. Sharp, Asa // Fleet Owner;Jul2003, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p74
Focuses on the importance of collaboration between equipment suppliers and fleet operators. Production of reliable trucks; Enhancement of commitment and support; Assurance of satisfactory product performance.