PEOPLE & POSTS
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;2/19/2008, p32
The article announces that Stephen Cloves was hired human resources (HR) director at AF Blakemore & Son, Chris Hurne was appointed head of leadership and talent at the Improvement and Development Agency, and Katie Truss was named head of leadership and HR management at Kingston University's...
- PEOPLE MOVES. // Employee Benefits;Feb2008, p10
The article announces the appointments of several executives including Robin Mills as human resource (HR) director of Compass Group UK & Ireland Ltd., Seth Russell as director of Hutchison 3G and Bruce Sayers as head of DHL Express.
- Presidential round up. // British Dental Journal;11/27/2015, Vol. 219 Issue 10, p472
The article announces the career development of several notable people including the appointment of Bertie Napier as president of cosmetic dentistry, the selection of Jane Dalgarno as president of dental nurses and the recruitment of Robin Mills as president of paediatric dentistry.
- On the Management Side. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jun2000, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on career and personnel management. Attitudes important to personal success; How to adjust to company rules; Characteristics of a high potential person.
- Everyday experiences are opportunities for learning. Honey, Peter // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p55
States that many works activities can be used to develop people, if managers recognize the possibilities. Information about work-based learning and reasons why it is used in developing people; Examples of `double-value' work-based learning use everyday experiences as learning opportunities.
- Why boards and CEOs part company. Grant, Jon K. // Business Quarterly;Autumn95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p11
Explores the reasons why executives part from their respective companies. Stages of a CEO's career; Signs of corporate antagonism between board members and CEOs; How to determine when a CEO should leave.
- Get on and get ahead. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;6/11/2002, p31
Focuses on the issues relating to personnel management. Concerns to career enhancement for the position in regional recruitment; Analysis on the potentials of the position prior to resignation; Evaluation of the factors for preference of human resource position compared to rewards analyst position.
- Safe harbor. Abernathy; Allerton, Donna // Training & Development;Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p39
Considers questions pertaining to the human resource development profession and career development in the United States. Employment scenarios; Competencies vital to human resource success; Recipients of the bulk of training and development attention; Identification of expertise necessary in...
- Knocked sideways. Rodgers, Chris // People Management;02/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p35
Discusses how to develop employees and break down functional barriers in a company. Information on the principles of lateral movement in companies; Advantages and disadvantages of advocating lateral movement; Views on how to encourage professional growth within a company.