Law helpline's new number
- Successful measures. Reece, Anna // People Management;2/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p66
Reports on the results of a membership satisfaction survey from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Opinion of members on services and benefits offered by the institute; Discussion on the Web site and telephone service of CIPD; Perceived value of CIPD membership.
- CIPD chief faces target of 20,000 new members in next two years. // Personnel Today;10/30/2007, p27
The article reports that Jackie Orme, new chief of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) faces challenge to lead a drive to boost membership by 15% over the next two years. Plans disclosed in the CIPD's annual report revealed that it has set a target of 150,000 members by...
- JUDGMENT CALLS FOR HR. Salmon, Barbara // People Management;8/10/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p55
The article reports on a helpline that will be introduced by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development for its members in Great Britain in 2006. The helpline will give members with up-to-date help and advice on European employment law. Law Express will be providing the service from...
- HUMAN RIGHTS FACTSHEET. // People Management;12/29/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p48
The article announces that a factsheet giving introductory guidance on human rights has been added to the Web site of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development of Great Britain. It considers the human rights issues that may be linked to employment matters and highlights the...
- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;8/27/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p34
A calendar of Chartered Institute of Personnel and development (CIPD) branch events in Great Britain in September 2009 are discussed, including employment law update on September 16, employment engagement on September 15, and Knowledge Into Practice Initiative 2009-2010 on September 16.
- INTERNAL AFFAIRS OF UNIONS AND THE TAFT-HARTLEY ACT. Taft, Philip // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Apr58, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p352
One of the prime objectives of the TaftHartley Act was clearly to introduce a greater element of democracy into the internal affairs of labor unions. Provisions such as those on the closed shop, the union shop polls, filing requirements, and decertification elections were all based to some...
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;12/9/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p50
This section offers updates on the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. Nominations for a number of key institute office positions should be submitted by December 31, 2004. The institute's employment law helpline provided by Hammonds will be closing at 12 noon...
- Where does law abide? Evans, Jill // People Management;1/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p49
Provides information on various web sites of companies and organization which offer advice on employment and labor law issues. Norton Rose; Publisher Croner; Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Zero-hours workers are happy with work-life balance. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;11/26/2013, p3
The article focuses on the research findings of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on the employer's knowledge on employment rights for zero-hour workers. It states that 60% of zero-hours workers are fulfilled with their job. It notes that 18% told that hourly rates for...