- High-efficiency units planned for Kingsnorth. // Professional Engineering;10/18/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p15
The article reports on the plan of energy firm E.On UK PLC to construct two 800-megawatt supercritical units at its Kingsnorth coal-fired power station in Kent, England. These units would minimize carbon emission by nearly two million tonnes annually, compared to the existing units....
- E.ON vendors urged to go green. Kanter, Jake // Supply Management;10/8/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p08
The article reports on the efforts of E.ON UK PLC to reduce carbon emissions with the help of its suppliers in Great Britain. According to supply chain director Chris Lovatt, reducing costs with the help of the suppliers can help in securing energy supplies and customer's competitive prices. He...
- MOEP Designates Specific Fund to Help Reduce Emission of Major Pollutants. // China Chemical Reporter;8/16/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p12
The article reports that China's Ministry of Environmental Protection (MOEP) has published items for the pollutants emission reduction specific fund in 2008. They include projects for building environmental quality monitoring ability, for building major city emergency monitoring ability and for...
- Voluntary corporate initiatives for environmental improvement Gibson, Robert; Lynes, Jennifer // Alternatives Journal;Spring1998, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p18
No abstract available.
- The role of burner efficiency in reducing emissions. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Sep2010, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p23
The article looks at the latest technologies which help in improving the ability of burners to reduce emissions in buildings. New technologies led to the development of burners that have reduced start-up and with minimal fuel and air imbalances. Electronic burner programmers provide better...
- Untitled. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;7/22/2008, p63
The article reports that Great Britain government has announced plans to slash the carbon footprint of its computer systems. The aim is to offset 100% of information and communications technology (ICT) carbon emissions in four years. It is reported that ICT is responsible for up to 20% of carbon...
- Have We Turned a Corner on Deforestation? // Catalyst (1539-3410);Summer2014, Vol. 14, p13
The article presents questions and answers including what are the successful efforts to slow deforestation, what are the motivations of companies and countries involved in emissions trapping, and what are the biggest barriers confronting other countries from enforcing environmental law.
- Commission tables carbon-footprint resolution. DeWitt, David // Athens News;12/5/2013, p7
The article reports that Athens County Commissioners Charlie Adkins and Chris Chmiel in Ohio have called for action against carbon emissions and supported a climate-action plan by expressing concerns on the impact of carbon controls on jobs and mentions a hearing held by politician Mike Dovilla.
- China: a powerful green example. // New Scientist;5/4/2013, Vol. 218 Issue 2915, p7
The article reports on a 2013 report on global emissions from Australia's Climate Commission which found that China has halved its growth in electricity demand, continued to increase wind and solar energy production, and is developing seven emissions trading schemes that will cover a quarter of...