GET MOVING TO STAY AWAY FROM EXTRA COSTS
- Dismissal payouts may rise. Roberts, Zoë // People Management;2/26/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p8
Examines a ruling by the British Court of Appeal on the case Dunnachie versus Kingston upon Hull City Council concerning the claim of employees for injury to feelings in unfair dismissal claims. Damages for non-financial losses available for unfair dismissal; Laws and facts disputed in the...
- Employment Law. // Accountancy;Jun2005, Vol. 135 Issue 1342, p115
Presents a legal case which concerns claims by employees for damages for injury caused by stress at work. Ruling of the Court of Appeal of Great Britain on the case; Provision of the Protection from Harassment Act; Allegations of the claimant against the employer.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;12/29/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p23
The article discusses court cases related to law at work in Great Britain. A tribunal has taken a wide view on what constitutes a grievance in three recent unreported cases. The only statutory requirement is that the employee should make a complaint in writing. It outlines the judgment of the...
- Insolvency of employer. // Accountancy;Apr88, Vol. 101 Issue 1136, p49
The article reports that the British Court of Appeal has considered the amount employees can claim from the secretary of state for employment in respect of wages left unpaid by an insolvent employer under Section 122, Employment Protection (Consolidation) Act 1978. In the Secretary of State for...
- An injury-time decider for Tupe. // People Management;6/22/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p21
Discusses the ruling of the Great Britain Court of Appeal in the combined cases of Martin v. Lancashire County Council and Bernadone v. Pall Mall Services Group. Details on the cases; Analysis on the rulings.
- Animal charities win legacy case. // Third Sector;Jul2015, Issue 814, p13
The article discusses a High Court judgment that was overturned by The Court of Appeal in Great Britain, regarding a Â£350,000 home left to seven animal charities in the owner's will, after an appeal by two charities - Chilterns Dog Rescue and the Redwings.
- Court backs estate ruling. // Planning (14672073);3/5/2010, Issue 1858, p3
The article reports on the decision of the Court of Appeal to uphold the ruling of a High Court judge concerning a construction plan applied by the Johnson Brothers in Great Britain.
- Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council v Total Fitness UK Ltd. Dobson, Sally // Estates Gazette;11/2/2002, Issue 244, p169
Cites the ruling of the Court of Appeal of Great Britain on a case on lease termination. Background on the case; Contention of the appellant; Basis of the decision.
- Mulvaney v Gough and others. Denyer-Green, Barry // Estates Gazette;11/2/2002, Issue 244, p175
Cites the ruling of the Court of Appeal of Great Britain on a case involving easements. Background on the case; Basis of the decision.