The stars of engagement
- Search for a star. Brockett, James // People Management;2/8/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses a report published by Best Companies on its three-star accreditation system for employers. 42 companies achieved three-star status, including investment banks, drinks manufacturers, travel agents and radio stations. Pete Bradon, Best Companies' in-house academic, says the...
- Newsbytes. Albertson, David // Employee Benefit News;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p21
Presents news on human resources management systems (HRMS) in several companies in September 1999. Utilization of employee self-service human resource technology by the merged Budget Group Inc. and Ryder TRS; Features of Version 3.0 of ADP's HR/Perspective application; Finalization of the...
- HRM's full complement works better. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;07/23/98, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the practice of using several human resources practices simultaneously by companies in Great Britain. Effects on productivity; Theory of complementarities.
- Rome-Turney Radiator builds to last. Kropf, Annemarie // Business Journal (Central New York);11/22/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p14
Reports on the business operation of Rome-Turney Radiator Co. in New York. Production of heat exchanger products; Quality of customer services; Details of personnel management.
- Human resources is an important function, not 'soft' specialty. Moustafa, Karen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;02/22/99, Issue 322424, p27
Discusses the functions of a human resource or personnel management team in a company. Recruitment of employees; Implementation of a quality assurance program; Development of training seminars.
- 'Best' companies offer more than benefits. Davis, Andrea Muirragui // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/16/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p21
Reports the findings of a survey regarding the conducted by the 'Indianapolis Business Journal' regarding opinions on practices and policies that make a company a place to work with. Consideration for job security; Fairness at work and employer concern; Continuous education and training.
- Battle of store brands starts on the shopfloor. O'Reilly, Noel // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p2
Reports the innovative approaches applied by the human resources in Great Britain. Retention of the training and performance management of the sectors; Focus on the flexibility of the work arrangements; Motivations used big companies.
- Brand champions will be rewarded. Shackell, Sherilyn // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p22
Examines the role of the human resources management in protecting the profile of the firms. Importance of risk management capital; Investment of the brand development; Increase of the demand for perception audits.
- Boomers spur talks at work on teen problems. Kleiman, Carol // Las Vegas Business Press;08/16/99, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p15
Presents news items concerning business enterprises in Nevada. Includes findings of residual effect of corporate scandals on rival companies; Results of studies on ways to retain employees; Accounting firm McGladery & Pullen's sale of its mutual funds practice to PricewaterhouseCoopers.