Minority networks can stop claims
- Hiring Days Are Here Again. Segal, Jonathan A. // HR Magazine;Jul2011, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p58
The article discusses the best practices in 10 areas of the hiring process to optimize the possibility of hiring the best applicants and minimize legal risks. It claims that the first step in the hiring process is the preparation of job description, which should include experience, skills and...
- The Survival of Affirmative Action in the 1980s. Simon, Sharon // Labor Studies Journal;Winter86, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p261
The article clarifies the present status and direction of affirmative action rulings and enforcement. The article examines what is meant by affirmative action, analyzes the current legal status of affirmative action measures, describes U.S. President Ronald Reagan administration's attack and...
- Sharing CDS best practices (and content). // KM World;Jun2012, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p12
The article offers information on the Clinical Decision Support (CDS) Consortium which aims to enhance knowledge translation in clinical practice principles into CDS.
- A Checklist for Making Faster, Better Decisions. Larson, Erik // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;3/7/2016, p2
The author offers tips on how business managers can make faster and better operational decisions and cites some decision making tools like the pros-and-cons list, as well as the reasons why the best practices in decision making are not used, like history and technology.
- Employment Vulnerability in Romania. PATACHE, Laura; NEACŞU, Gabriela; DĂNECI-PĂTRĂU, Daniel // Economy Transdisciplinarity Cognition;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p125
Vulnerability is the degree to which a system is likely to be damaged as a result of exposure to disturbances or stress. The specific literature about the vulnerable employment groups has focused on women, ethnic minorities, long term unemployment, underemployment and secondary labour markets...
- Decision-making and technical factors account for the learning curve in complex surgery. Moran, B. J. // Journal of Public Health;Dec2006, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p375
Introduction The general public, the legal profession, patients and relatives expect best practice and have difficulty with the concept of a learning curve in surgical interventions. However, it is improbable that technical and innovative skills can be developed, or optimized, without some...
- Will development agencies deliver in 1990? Dumas, K. // Black Enterprise;Jan1990, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p27
Presents highlights of the seventh annual Minority Enterprise Development Week (MED Week). Emphasis on the need for government support to aid the development of minority businesses; Outlook on what black businesses can expect from Washington, D.C. in 1990.
- NAACP and Chrysler sign a Fair Share pact at confab. // Jet;7/31/89, Vol. 76 Issue 17, p7
Discusses the Statement of Fair Share Principles agreement at the NAACP convention by Director Benjamin Hooks and Chrysler Corporation Chairman Lee Iacocca. The agreement covers minority policies in several areas of Chrysler.
- Operation ABLE receives grant for `JobLinks'. Benedict, Ruth // Crain's Detroit Business;9/11/95, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p1
Reports that Operation ABLE has been awarded a 12-month demonstration grant which will enable the agency to use the latest mapping and scheduling technology to link its job seeking clients with transportation to work. Services offered by Operation ABLE; Benefits of the demonstration grant.