- The effect of three different lifetime fitness class structures on various fitness parameters of... Ermler, Kathy L.; Kovar, Susan K. // Physical Educator;Late Winter93, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p52
Determines the effects of three different lifetime fitness class structures on various fitness and psychological parameters of college students. Effect on recovery heart rate; Effect on the intent of student to exercise; Effect on students' attitude toward exercise.
- The Reality of Fitness for Pre-Service Teachers: What Physical Education Majors 'Know and Can Do'. Petersen, Susan; Byrne, Heidi; Cruz, Luz // Physical Educator;Late Winter2003, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p5
Presents information on a study that described the results of two types of fitness assessments on physical education majors. Research methods; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusion.
- Academic Excellence Must Include Physical Education. Langford, George A.; Carter, LaGary // Physical Educator;Late Winter2003, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p28
Comments that physical education in schools have failed to address the components of health-related fitness within physical education. Factor that led to a decrease in the physical education requirements in the public schools; Importance of community involvement in physical education.
- It's not too late to get into Shape! Sherman, Alexa Joy // Shape;Aug2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p130
Presents information on a physical fitness workshop.
- Core training for your best body. Schlosberg, Suzanne // Shape;Aug2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p202
Presents information on a physical fitness program. INSET: The plan.
- Shape Up Now! Aaberg, Everett // Boys' Life;Feb2001, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p22
Outlines a physical fitness training program.
- :30 is enough. Matheny, Fred // Bicycling;Sep96, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p66
States that every American adult should accumulate 30 minutes or more of moderate-intensity physical activity, preferably all days of the week. Ten tricks to find the 30 weekday minutes of physical activity using cycling as the centerpiece.
- DON'T DO THIS! EVER! WE MEAN IT! UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET REALLY FAST. Vaughters, Jonathan // Bicycling;Aug2007, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p82
The article discusses physical fitness.
- Getting fit in '08. Peña, Joseph // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/17/2008, Issue 1047, p33
The article reports that fitness instructor Jorge Cruise and the "Gay & Lesbian Times" newsmagazine teams up to invite readers for the 12-Second Sequence workout.
- Strength Training: What Approach? Brzycki, Matt // Coach & Athletic Director;Nov1998, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p32
Looks at the five guidelines on stregth training. Productiveness; Comprehensiveness; Practicality; Efficiency; Safeness.