The Idea of Montage in Soviet: Art and Film
- The Unknown Cinema of Britain. Lovell, Alan // Cinema Journal;Spring72, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
The article looks at the situation of the art and motion picture industry in the 1970 in Great Britain. According to the author, the British cinema qualifies for the title of the unknown cinema since it has a lack of intellectual rigor and inadequate information that can be used as a model for...
- Acting Choices/Filmic Choices: Rethinking Montage and Performance. Baron, Cynthia // Journal of Film & Video;Summer2007, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p32
The article presents the views of the author on the integral connection between acting choices and filmic choices with reference to montage. According to the author, the selection and combination of the movements, gestures and expressions of actors have an interactive relationship with the...
- Montage intertextual et formes contemporaines du remploi dans le cinema experimental. Brenez, Nicole // Cinemas;Fall2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1/2, p49
This article presents different methods of blending sequences from different films through editing, notably in experimental cinema.
- MONTAÅ½O ONTOLOGIJA IR ANAPUS JOS. Milerius, Nerijus // Religion & Culture / Religija ir Kultura;2012, Vol. 11, p30
No abstract available.
- The plague of obsolescence. Jakobsen, Kiersten // Short Film Studies;Aug2012, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p71
In The Cage, youth brings decay home, yet once it convinces the patriarch to embrace the possibility of recuperation, the mechanism the impotent father adopts becomes obsolete. This article analyzes The Cage's allegorical and political nuance by way of a passively perched camera that fails to...
- Creative Photo Montage Techniques Using Adobe After Effects. Fozzard, Josh // EventDV;Mar2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p14
The article reviews the DVD-ROM, Creative Photo Montage Techniques Using Adobe After Effects, by Josh Fozzard.
- CREDITS & CREDIBILITY. Burcksen, Edgar // CinemaEditor;2010 4th Quarter, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p23
The article presents the author's views regarding the big contribution of several motion picture editors for the success of the film industry. The author recognizes the efforts of these editors in editing and polishing the films before showing to the public. The author notes the challenges faced...
- The Cine-poetics of Fulldome Cinema. Chamier-Waite, Clea von // Animation Practice, Process & Production;Dec2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1/2, p219
The fulldome immersive film format is chiefly about space. Immersive film production is currently undergoing stages of development towards a modern, cinematic language comparable to the development of rhythmic montage developed by Eisenstein and Soviet cinema and followed by the avant-garde...
- Montage in Fernando PÃ©rez Valdez's Suite Habana (2003). Tompkins, Cynthia M. // Confluencia;Spring2011, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p31
The article looks at the use of montage within the 2003 Cuban documentary "Suite Habana," directed by Fernando PÃ©rez. According to the author, PÃ©rez has a distinct, lyrical approach to depicting scenes. She suggests that certain types of montage used in "Suite Habana" were inspired by...