The treatment of acute bacterial sinusitis: No change is good medicine
- Clinical and bacteriological efficacies of sitafloxacin against community-acquired pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae: nested cohort within a multicenter clinical trial. Fujita, Jiro; Niki, Yoshihito; Kadota, Jun-ichi; Yanagihara, Katsunori; Kaku, Mitsuo; Watanabe, Akira; Aoki, Nobuki; Hori, Seiji; Tanigawara, Yusuke; Cash, Haley; Kohno, Shigeru // Journal of Infection & Chemotherapy (Springer Science & Business;Jun2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p472
We evaluated the clinical and bacteriological efficacy of oral sitafloxacin (STFX) in clinically diagnosed community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae. Additionally, we cultured these patient samples to test the minimal inhibitory concentrations (MICs) of levofloxacin...
- Interaction Profile of Moxifloxacin. Stass, H.; Kubitza, D. // Drugs;Dec1999 Supplement 2, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p235
Investigates the influence of probenecid on the elimination of moxifloxacin. Methods; Results.
- THE POTENCY/EFFICACY OF THE FLUROQUINOLONES IN COMMUNITY-ACQUIRED PNEUMONIA. Mandell, Lionel A. // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jun2002 Supplement 1, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p27
Examines the efficacy of the fluoroquinolones in community-acquired pneumonia. Characteristics of community-acquired pneumonia; Properties of fluoroquinolones, the quinolones antibacterial agents; Comparison of fluoroquinolones with other antibacterial agents.
- Ofloxacin Once Daily Versus Twice Daily in Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Krcméry Jr, V. // Drugs;Dec1999 Supplement 2, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p282
Reports on the use of quinolone ofloxacin in the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia. Patients and methods; Results and discussion.
- Clinical Perspectives on New Antimicrobials: Focus on Fluoroquinolones. Talan, David A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;3/15/2001 Supplement 1, Vol. 32, pS64
Respiratory tract infections are the most common infectious presentation in the community and hospital settings and are a major cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Recently, newer fluoroquinolones have been recommended for the treatment of these infections. Among them, moxifloxacin shows...
- Moxifloxacin. // Reactions Weekly;Sep2015, Vol. 1568 Issue 1, p202
The article presents a case study of a 78-year-old male patient who developed acute confusional syndrome during moxifloxacin treatment.
- Variation in the mutation frequency determining quinolone resistance in Chlamydia trachomatis serovars L2 and D. Jan Rupp; Werner Solbach; Jens Gieffers // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Jan2008, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p91
: Objectives Quinolone resistance of chlamydiae is supposed to be extremely rare. To assess the risk for the emergence of chlamydial quinolone resistance, we analysed the occurrence of resistant mutants in a quantitative perspective. : Methods Infectious elementary bodies of Chlamydia...
- Clinical evaluation of oral levofloxacin 500 mg once-daily dosage for treatment of lower respiratory tract infections and urinary tract infections: a prospective multicenter study in China. Ying-yuan Zhang; Hai-hui Huang; Zhen-yi Ren; Hong-guang Zheng; Yun-song Yu; Xiao-ju Lü; Zu-ke Xiao; Hui-fen Yang; Qing-yu Xiu; Bao-yuan Chen; Hong-mei Yue; Qing-lin Hao; Jian-an Huang; Hui Ma; Wei Xiao; Dong-yang Guo; Bin Si; Sheng-hua Sun; Wei Zhang; Qi-hao Li // Journal of Infection & Chemotherapy;Oct2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p301
AbstractÂ Â Levofloxacin (LVFX), a fluoroquinolone agent, has a broad spectrum that covers Gram-positive and -negative bacteria and atypical pathogens. It demonstrates good clinical efficacy in the treatment of various infections, including lower respiratory tract infections (LRTIs) and...
- SINUS TISSUE CONCENTRATION OF MOXIFLOXACIN AFTER A SINGLE ORAL DOSE. Dinis, Paulo Borges; Maria Conceiç, ão; Silva, Nuno; Martins, Maria Luz; Morais, José Guimarães // Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology;Feb2004, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p142
Moxifloxacin is a new fluoroquinolone antimicrobial approved for the treatment of acute bacterial rhinosinusitis. In order to assess its distribution pattern into the paranasal sinuses, and specifically to evaluate how the histopathologic changes associated with chronic inflammation affect its...