Vomiting, diarrhea and stiff neck: What is your call?
- Spontaneous Pneumomediastinum: Analysis of 62 Consecutive Adult Patients. IYER, VIVEK N.; JOSHI, AVNI Y.; RYU, JAY H. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;May2009, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p417
OBJECTIVE: To clarify the clinical presentation and course of patients with spontaneous pneumomediastinum (SP) and to determine the usefulness of diagnostic testing in these patients. PATIENTS AND METHODS: We conducted a retrospective review of 62 consecutive adult patients (age â‰¥18 years)...
- Pleuritic chest pain and globus pharyngeus. Gawrys, Breanna; Shaha, David // Journal of Family Practice;May2015, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p305
The article presents a case study of a 22-year-old woman with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and childhood asthma. It mentions that the patient was taken to the emergency department (ED) for treatment of a cramping, substernal, pleuritic chest pain, and lump in her throat. She...
- Pulmonary barotrauma (pneumomediastinum) due to free-diving. Haini, Eleftheria; Paramythiotis, Spyros; Haini, Dimitra; Dimitriou, Theano; Hainis, Kyriakos D. // Pneumon;Jul-Sep2014, Vol. 27 Issue 3, following p248
The article describes the case of a 24-year-old man with pulmonary barotrauma or pneumomediastinum due to free-diving.
- Posttussive Pneumomediastinum. Sayhan, Mustafa; Orak, Murat; Ustundag, Mehmet // Lung;Nov2008, Vol. 186 Issue 6, p351
The article presents the case study of a 21-year old patient of normal weight who presented with spontaneous pneumomediastinum following a paroxysm of cough. The patient complained of retrosternal pleuritic pain that started following a paroxysm of cough due to an upper respiratory tract...
- ENDGAMES. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;3/22/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7950, p40
The article presents quizzes about medical topics including sagittal computed tomography of the abdomen, clinical significance versus statistical significance, and a case study of a 21-year-old man who presented chest pain and neck discomfort.
- Pneumomediastinum in the Neonate. Cagle, Kristi J. // Neonatal Network;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p275
No abstract available.
- Laparoscopy-Pneumothorax and Ocular Emphysema, A Rare Complication-A Case Report. SURESH Y. V.; ANUPAMA SURESH Y.; SEQUEIRA, TREVOR FRANCIS // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Apr2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p1
Occurrence of Pneumomediastinum, pneumothorax, and ocular emphysema is very rare, but developed under General Anaesthesia (GA) immediately after insuflation. A defect in the diaphragm may be the cause. A female patient aged 21-years, with infertility was posted for diagnostic laparoscopy. The...
- Spontaneous pneumorrhachis associated with pneumomediastin in a patient with diabetic ketoacidosis: an exceptional manifestation of a benign disease. Drolet, Sébastien; Gagné, Jean-Pierre; Langis, Paul // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Jun2007, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p225
The article presents a case involving an 18-year male suffering from pneumorrhachis as a complication of pneumomediastinum in Canada. The patient has a history of type 1 diabetes mellitus and clinical examination revealed massive pneumomediastinum with bilateral cervical subcutaneous emphysema....
- Pneumomediastinum owing to a Neck Stab Wound Presenting as Rhinolalia. Braverman, Itzhak; Avior, Galit; Malatskey, Shelton // Journal of Otolaryngology -- Head & Neck Surgery;Jun2008, Vol. 37 Issue 3, pE87
The article presents a case study of a 20 year old patient who presented to an emergency room with a stab wound in his neck. A discussion of diagnostic testing which was conducted on the patient and resulted in him receiving a diagnosis of pneumomediastinum which presented as rhinolalia is...