- When micro means big. BUNYE, IGNACIO R. // Filipino Reporter;1/10/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p38
In this article, the author talks about microfinance as a key strategy in solving poverty in the Philippines in 2014.
- Tapping Africa's Culture and Tradition of Giving: Mobilizing resources for development. Watene, Thithi // Transformation (02653788);Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p161
Focuses on the culture and tradition of giving in Africa. Details on the issue of poverty in the region; Methods of preservation, drying, packaging and conserving; Role of a Christian microfinance institution in building the capacity of the existing financial institutions.
- Message From the Editor. Karatoprak, Adrienne // Whitehead Journal of Diplomacy & International Relations;Summer/Fall2008, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses various reports published within the issue on microfinance being used as a method to reduce poverty including one which is based on the book "Common Wealth," by Dr. Jeffrey Sachs, and another written by graduate student Graham Lawlor, who is a participant of the Whitehead...
- Measuring Transformation: Conceptual framework and indicators. Getu, Makonen // Transformation (02653788);Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p92
Focuses on the microfinance program of Opportunity International used to help create employment and generate income among the poor. Definition of transformational development; Measurement of economic growth; Effects of rural poverty on natural environment.
- Problems of micro crediting in Montenegro. Jankovic, Srdan // Entrepreneurial Economy;Dec2005, Vol. 8, p213
Microcrediting means provision of micro loans and other financial services (for example, micro savings and micro insurance, worldwide) to marginalized people with low incomes, for the purpose of self-employment, or start up of own bussineses, thus enabling them and their families to be...
- Factors Influencing the Sustainability of Micro-Finance Institutions in Murang'a Municipality. Kimando, Lawrence N.; Kihoro, John M.; Njogu, Grace Wachera // International Journal of Business & Commerce;Jun2012, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p21
Providing the poor with access to savings and credit services as poverty alleviation strategy has gained prominence in the past ten years, this has resulted from the emergence of models showing increasing success in terms ability to reach the poor and in sustaining the delivery services....
- Impact of microfinance on poverty alleviation. A case study of NRSP in Bahawalpur of Pakistan. AYUUB, Sunia // International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Financ;Jan2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p119
The purpose of the research paper is to measure the impact of Microfinance on Bahawalpur District. Main Microfinance Institutes in Bahawalpur are National Rural Support Program (NRSP) Microfinance Bank (MFB), Tameer Microfinance Bank, Khushhali Bank, First Microfinance Bank and Kashf Foundation....
- The Voices of Microfinance Clients: Evidence from Ghana. Onyina, Paul Adjei; Turnell, Sean // American Journal of Entrepreneurship;Dec2012, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p109
The role of microfinance institutions as a potential policy tool for poverty reduction has received great attention in recent years. Empirical evidence from existing research shows some positive effects in poverty alleviation from some microfinance schemes. In contrast, other findings suggest...
- Small beans. // New Scientist;02/15/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2069, p42
Reviews the book `Microfinance and Poverty Reduction,' by Susan Johnson and Ben Rogaly.