- When micro means big. BUNYE, IGNACIO R. // Filipino Reporter;1/10/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p38
In this article, the author talks about microfinance as a key strategy in solving poverty in the Philippines in 2014.
- Buksh Micro Finance supports micro entrepreneurs. // Flare (Pakistan);Jun2014, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p69
The article focuses on the micro finance loans offered by the micro finance institution Buksh Foundation in Pakistan with an aim of removing poverty and for creating micro entrepreneurs.
- Tapping Africa's Culture and Tradition of Giving: Mobilizing resources for development. Watene, Thithi // Transformation (02653788);Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p161
Focuses on the culture and tradition of giving in Africa. Details on the issue of poverty in the region; Methods of preservation, drying, packaging and conserving; Role of a Christian microfinance institution in building the capacity of the existing financial institutions.
- Message From the Editor. Karatoprak, Adrienne // Journal of Diplomacy & International Relations;Summer/Fall2008, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses various reports published within the issue on microfinance being used as a method to reduce poverty including one which is based on the book "Common Wealth," by Dr. Jeffrey Sachs, and another written by graduate student Graham Lawlor, who is a participant of the Whitehead...
- Social, economic and financial inclusion of the rural area. MANTA, Otilia // Revista Romana de Economie;2015, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p297
The social and economic gap between the welfare of the rural population in developed European countries and that of Romania has always been great, but never like this. A great scholar of the nation said, years ago, that civilization of the Romanian people was born in the villages. A sociologist...
- Measuring Transformation: Conceptual framework and indicators. Getu, Makonen // Transformation (02653788);Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p92
Focuses on the microfinance program of Opportunity International used to help create employment and generate income among the poor. Definition of transformational development; Measurement of economic growth; Effects of rural poverty on natural environment.
- Problems of micro crediting in Montenegro. Janković, Srđan // Entrepreneurial Economy;Dec2005, Vol. 8, p213
Microcrediting means provision of micro loans and other financial services (for example, micro savings and micro insurance, worldwide) to marginalized people with low incomes, for the purpose of self-employment, or start up of own bussineses, thus enabling them and their families to be...
- The Voices of Microfinance Clients: Evidence from Ghana. Onyina, Paul Adjei; Turnell, Sean // American Journal of Entrepreneurship;Dec2012, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p109
The role of microfinance institutions as a potential policy tool for poverty reduction has received great attention in recent years. Empirical evidence from existing research shows some positive effects in poverty alleviation from some microfinance schemes. In contrast, other findings suggest...
- Small beans. // New Scientist;02/15/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2069, p42
Reviews the book `Microfinance and Poverty Reduction,' by Susan Johnson and Ben Rogaly.