Severe paediatric ulcerative colitis: incidence, outcomes and optimal timing for second-line therapy
- Inhaled corticosteroids and risk of cataract formation. Kirchner, Jeffrey T. // American Family Physician;12/1/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p2333
Presents the summary of the article `Use of Inhaled Corticosteroids and the Risk of Cataracts,' by R.G. Cumming from the `Northern England Journal of Medicine' dated 1997. Effects of inhaled corticosteroids; Cumulative lifetime dosage of beclomethasone.
- Low-dose oral steroids yielded similar outcomes as higher-dose IV steroids in patients with COPD. // Infectious Disease News;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p21
The article discusses research being done on the effectiveness of oral corticosteroid therapy as intravenous corticosteroid therapy in treating patients hospitalized for acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which references the study by P. K. Lindenauer in the journal...
- American Thoracic Society Intl Conference Long-term ICS use reduces pleural effusion in patients with CAP. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;6/1/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article focuses on a study according to which prior treatment with inhaled corticosteroids in patients with respiratory disorders who develop community acquired pneumonia (CAP) is associated with a lower incidence and severity of parapneumonic effusion.
- Corticosteroid use and MetS in systemic lupus erythematosis. // Reactions Weekly;9/15/2012, Issue 1419, p2
The article reports on a study which found that corticosteroid and immunosuppressant use are among the risk factors for the metabolic syndrome (MetS) in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) patients.
- Oral corticosteroids decrease bone density in older women. // Geriatrics;Apr96, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p63
Presents an abstract of the research report `Inhaled and Oral Corticosteroids: Their Effects on Bone Mineral Density in Older Adults,' by J.F. Marystone, E.L. Barrett-Connor, et al, as presented in a 1995 issue of the `American Journal of Public Health.'
- A differenc look at corticosteroids. Zoorob, Roger J.; Cender, Dawn // American Family Physician;8/1/1998, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p443
Gives information on systemic corticosteroids agents, used in the treatment of several medical conditions. Year in which corticosteroids were first used in clinical practice; Information on corticosteroids agents; Most common uses of the agent; Details on the therapeutic effects of steroids;...
- Use care with steroid creams. // Dermatology Times;Feb96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p51
Presents an abstract of an article dealing the use of high-strength topical corticosteroids, published in `Cosmopolitan,' January 1996. Side effects that may arise.
- Corticosteroids. // Reactions Weekly;10/2/2010, Issue 1321, p15
The article describes the case of a man who developed central serous chorioretinopathy (CSR) while receiving treatment with corticosteroids.
- Are we improving disease outcomes in IBD? A view from the epidemiology side. Gower-Rousseau, Corinne; Savoye, Guillaume; Colombel, Jean-Frédéric; Peyrin-Biroulet, Laurent // Gut;Oct2014, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p1529
The author discusses a research study by C. Rungoe and colleagues on the management of irritable bowel disease (IBD). Topics discussed include the decrease in surgery rates of patients with Crohn's disease by using corticosteroids and aminosalicylic acid, propensity score methods, other...