DDC Energy-Management System Controls Plant's New Rooftop Units
- A model approach to cutting equipment costs. Nichol, Kyle W. // Pit & Quarry;May96, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p24
Discusses an approach to keeping costs down in equipment management. Standardization of fleets; Considering the versatility of a machine; Three ways of handling equipment maintenance; Institution of a planned/proactive approach to preventive maintenance; Partnering with suppliers. INSET: Tips...
- The Maintenance Function does it have to Cost so Much? // Management Review;Nov68, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the control of maintenance costs by business managers. Reasons for the high and rising costs of maintenance; Change in the selection and training of maintenance supervisors; Priorities for improving maintenance procedures; Changes in organizational setup; Improvement of equipment...
- Millstone plan could damage CL&P credit rating. // Electrical World;Feb98, Vol. 212 Issue 2, p11
Reports on an announcement of the Connecticut Light & Power Company (CL&P) of Hartford, over the effects of a draft plan to remove Millstone-1 nuclear plant from rates. Information on a hearing before the Connecticut Department of Public Utility Control; Other information on the draft plan.
- CONDENSING HOT WATER BOILER FOR RADIANT HEAT APPLICATION. McKew, Amanda // Engineered Systems;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p28
Recommends methods and techniques for condensing hot water boiler for radiant heat application. Equipment design and use; Equipment designation; Electrical installation; Automatic controls; Equipment maintenance and use.
- Lawmakers debate CL&P surcharge sunset. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/16/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p3
The article reports that legislators are discussing on the possibility to remove the surcharge on Connecticut Light and Power Co. (CL&P), considered as a dominant utility in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- Safety First. Ruark, Ralph // Ceramic Industry;Feb2007, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p16
The article presents safety measures for the maintenance of kiln systems. A ceramic company must ensure that it understands the design of the fuel safety system. The design of the system must be reviewed and compared with current standards. It cites the need to consider whether the kiln has a...
- REBUILDING FEEDWATER HEATERS ONLINE WITH MINIMAL DOWNTIME. // Worldwide Energy;Jan2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
The article examines how the rebuilding of feedwater heaters online resulted in cost savings while improving the heat efficiency index at the Limestone Generating Station of NRG Energy in Texas. According to Nick Samford, the engineering supervisor at the plant, mentioned that the rebuilding...
- The Spirit of Teamwork. Sutton, Susan // Ceramic Industry;Apr2006, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p6
Emphasizes the importance of teamwork among organizations in the ceramics industry to improve their businesses. Lesson that can be learned by businesses from the dedication of athletes to their sports; Status of the refractory industry; Ways in which businesses can improve their competitiveness...
- Streamlining maintenance. // American School & University;Jul95, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p42P
Reports on the technical equipment insurance program introduced in Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, in July 1994, in collaboration with the SU Group, to cut down the maintenance and repair cost of equipment. Details on the services covered by the customized plan.