Increased Efficiency of High-?T Designs
- Mechanical and electrical engineering: Things that keep me up at night. LUTKEVICH, PAUL // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Dec2010, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p30
The article focuses on the concerns of mechanical and electrical engineering with regards to the adoption of technological innovations and practices in the U.S. It mentions the rapid changing of the design methods and technologies that caused design professionals to maintain a breakneck pace in...
- Power Transmission Shifts Gears. Cleaveland, Peter // Product Design & Development;Oct2006, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the significance of energy costs and improved operations among power transmission designers. According to sources, experts in the field have examined the status on the horizon for three technologies, including gear drives, rolling-element bearings, and mechanical variable...
- CAM EÅžYA ÃœRETÄ°MÄ° YAPAN BÄ°R Ä°ÅžLETMEDE ÃœRETÄ°M PROGRAMI GELÄ°ÅžTÄ°RME UYGULAMASI. Sarucan, Ahmet; Dızdar, Ercüment N.; Baysal, M. Emin; Eren, Tamer // Teknoloji;Apr-Jun2004, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p329
It is a hard and a complex problem, to determine the machine capacities, achieve the task assignments to machinery, determine the operation time and due dates in order to meet the demands in production systems. In this study, task assignments necessary for a production system are turned into a...
- I'll give it a go -- after you. Rich, Tim // Design Week;9/5/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p10
Comments in the unusual form of the Segway HT Human Transporter. Design of the HT Human Transporter; Strategy of manufacturers on promoting Segway; Importance of innovation on designing a product.
- Designer's corner. // Design News;6/27/94, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p49
Presents information on useful technology for design and related industries. Enhanced reducer; Leveraged tools; Low-profile contractor; Contact information.
- Designer's corner. // Design News;8/15/94, Vol. 50 Issue 15, p55
Presents information on useful technology for design and related industries. Parking brakes for tapes; Screw-strap fastener; Self-regulating bellows; Manufacturers; Contact information.
- summer goods. Rauen, Stacy Shoemaker // Hospitality Design;Aug2015, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p20
The author reflects upon the efforts of the periodical's staff and briefs on the advancements which includes the focus on the annual products issue highlighting young designers and innovations in 3D technology.
- Real CFCs, real CBAs (cost-benefit analyses). Sullivan, C.C. // Buildings;May95, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p32
Discusses the costs of regulated options for mechanical systems, which can replace chlorofluorocarbons. Cost analysis developed by executives at Carrier Corporation in Syracuse, New York; Information on containment analysis and conversion analysis; Benefits.
- SOUNDBITES. Napper, Stephen; Burton, Russell; Morris, Ian; Barnett, Peter; Donald, Simon; Hewson, Peter; France, Paul; Holme, Tony; Hilton, James; Kay, Ian; Lezica, Iggy Pont; Mitchell, Tim; Jenkins, Ian; McFarlane, John; Cole, Paul; Shaw, Simon; Hughes, Elijah; Brown, Stuart; Barker, Harvey; Durrant, Barry // Professional Engineering;Nov2014, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p18
The article presents views of several readers of the journal on topic related to a survey conducted by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers which states that the bombe code-breaking machine at the Bletchley Park museum in England is an industrial heritage for mechanical engineers. Topics...