District-Steam Design for University Campuses
- Saint gets a second standard GWR boiler. // Railways Illustrated;Aug2013, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p70
The article offers information on a project related to building of Churchward Saint 2999 Lady of Legend, a steam engine, at England-based Didcot Railway Centre, home to the Great Western Society's unique collection of steam engines, that has received a second GWR standard boiler.
- Geo-engineering ideas split opinion. // Professional Engineering;9/9/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p7
The article reports on the research conducted by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), which outlines the risks and potential benefits of the geo-engineering project. According to the study, the technology is designed to modify the climate. Moreover, it mentions that the project is...
- McNaught, William (1813 - 1881). // Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography;2005, p1
Scottish mechanical engineer who developed a compound steam engine. This type of engine extracts the maximum energy from the hot steam by effectively using it twiceâ€”once in a high-pressure cylinder (or cylinders) and then, when exhausted from this, in a second low-pressure cylinder.
- Focus on technology. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/12/96, Vol. 236 Issue 6, p42
Presents news items related to industry and environmental technology for the week of February 12, 1996. Proposals for the recovery of `useful chemicals' in wastewater from Monsanto Co. plants; Savings from the controlled use of polymers; Signing of a memorandum streamlining the Lawrence...
- From trout farm to award-winning protection. Quinn, Barbara // Pollution Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p29
Introduces environmental technologies intended to protect water resources from Environmental Research Corps in Freetown, Massachusetts. Importance of storm water and runoff management; Efficiency and affordability of Howland Swale and BioFence system erosion control tools; Problems with the...
- Long live the boiler! Barker, Ron // Heating & Ventilating Review;Apr2010, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p34
The article examines how boilers provide the best solution for commercial and industrial applications. According to the author, replacing an old, heavyweight boiler with a modern standard efficiency boiler has the potential to raise seasonal boiler efficiency from about 50 percent to at least 80...
- Et2005 24-26 May 2005 NEC Birmingham. // Environmental Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p30
The article presents a print advertisement for the ET2005 environmental technology and management services exhibition, which will be held in Birmingham, England in May 2005.
- We never had it so good! // Australian Model Engineering;May/Jun2011, Issue 156, p10
The author reflects on the wide selection of products for model railway engineering that can be bought locally in Australia. He says that these items range from workshop equipment to steam engine kits, boilers, bogies, specialized electric motors, ready to run locomotives, and a lot more. He...
- Plant and System Operators: Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators. // Occupational Outlook Handbook;2010, p763
The article presents the job description of stationary engineers and boiler operators in production occupations in the U.S. It gives a description on the nature of work of stationary engineers and boiler operators who maintain and control heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems, which...