A Smelly Problem
- Varieties of furnace construction. Jazwin, Richard // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/29/94, Vol. 192 Issue 18, p13
Discusses various aspects of furnace construction. Four basic furnace designs; Upflow furnaces; Downflow furnaces; Horizontal furnaces; Lowboy furnaces; Components; Categories.
- High-efficiency furnace. Astle Jr., W.B. // Design News;3/3/97, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p68
Presents a high-efficiency furnace designed by W.B. Astle of Astle Corp. Parts and components; Use of a secondary heat exchanger; Specifications; Performance; Contact information.
- The 78+% AFUE furnace story that won't go away. Wheeler, Jim // Contractor Magazine;May95, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p48
Discusses various aspects concerning the 78+% AFUE furnace. Problems in the installation of the furnace; Difficulties faced by contractors in side-venting the furnace; Impact of high pressure wind on the performance of the furnace; Improvements in the design of the furnace.
- Novel metals furnace flies on the space shuttle. Chamberlain, Gary // Design News;9/8/97, Vol. 53 Issue 17, p14
Focuses on the launching of the Large Isothermal Furnace (LIF) on the last space shuttle voyage. Examination of experiments conducted on the formation of metal alloys; Reference to National Space Development Agency developers of the furnace; Comments from chief investigator, Randall German.
- Fast thermal processing: Batch comes back. Dip, Anthony // Solid State Technology;Jun96, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p113
Discusses the development of new concepts in batch furnace design, such as enhanced ramp(ER) and small-batch fast ramp (SBFR). Effect of improved furnace hardware on ramp-up and ramp-down rates; Comparison between typical processes for oxidation and anneal, and batch furnaces; Impact of...
- Continuous annealing of stainless steel wire in newly... // Industrial Heating;Nov96, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p67
Features an electric furnace with 22 tube lines designed and built by Carbolite Incorporated to provide continuous annealing facilities for 550 pounds of stainless steel wire per hour. Details on the design and construction of the furnace; Features of the furnace; Information on the furnace's...
- Flue Design Is Critical For Furnace Installations. Leonard, Howard // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/26/2001, Vol. 214 Issue 13, p13
Focuses on the importance of flue design in furnace installations. Use of natural draft in combustion process; Discussion on several flue restrictions; Citations on the reasons for flue dissipations.
- Furnace design tools developed in Japan. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Aug98, Vol. 154 Issue 2, pH4
Focuses on the development of furnace design tools by Tokyo Gas Energy Technology Research Institute in Japan. Computational fluid dynamics analysis tools for industrial furnaces; Analysis of industrial furnaces through AEA Technology PLC's CSX software; Contact information.
- briefs. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Apr2011, Vol. 169 Issue 4, p9
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including the development of an improved furnace lining material by Morgan Thermal Ceramics, the shipment of Nitrex Metal Inc.'s turnkey nitriding system to Chongqing Hongjiang Machinery Co. Ltd., and the move of Lucifer Furnaces Inc. to deliver a large...