- Bertrand Delanoe. Dahir, Mubarak // Advocate;8/14/2001, Issue 843/844, p32
Features Bertrand Delanoe, the first openly gay mayor elected in Paris, France. One of the 100 people honored by 'The Advocate' for being an innovator in the gay and lesbian movement.
- FRANCE. Wockner, Rex // Just Out;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p24
Reports on gay Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoe's claims about homophobia in France in his autobiography "Life, Passionately".
- The end of Paris as we love it? Lawday, David // New Statesman;03/26/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4530, p23
Reports on the victory of left-wing Mayor Bertrand Delanoe in the Paris, France municipal election on March 18, 2001. Why rightists lose the election; Dispute between mayoral candidates close to President Jacques Chirac; Influence of the Green Party on Paris politics.
- PARIS MAYOR STABBED IN ANTI-GAY ATTACK. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;10/10/2002, pN.PAG
Reports that gay mayor Bertrand Delano� of Paris, France was stabbed in the stomach by Muslim Azedine Berkane during an all-night party at the City Hall on October 6, 2002. Remarks from a police officer on the attitude of Berkane toward homosexuals; Information on the Sleepless Night festival...
- Paris mayor blasts homophobia. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;9/30/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p16
Deals with the criticisms of Paris, France Mayor Bertrand Delanoë against homophobia in his autobiography. Discrimination against GLBT people in rural places; His allegations against President Jacques Chirac.
- The world this week. // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/27/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6267, p16
Reports on socio-economic developments in various countries as of March 27, 2001. Bertrand Delanoe's election as mayor of the city Paris, France; Clash between globalization protesters and riot police during a Global Forum meeting in Naples, Italy.
- Out and in harm's way. // Advocate;11/12/2002, Issue 876, p21
Focuses on the danger of attacks faced by gay politicians in the United States. Attack on France, Paris gay mayor Bertrand Delano� Problems faced by gay contestants during electioneering according to political director for the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund Bob Kearney; Names of other gay...
- Across the Nation. // Advocate;10/28/2003, Issue 901, p17
This article presents developments related to homosexuality in the U.S. Tom Simplot, a local attorney and community activist, was sworn in October 1 as the first openly gay councilman of Phoenix, Arizona. New York Democratic Party leaders approved a resolution on September 22 supporting a gay...
- The World. // Advocate;04/24/2001, Issue 836, p14
Focuses on the significance of the election of Bertrand Delanoe, the first openly gay mayor in Paris, France on March 18, 2001. Delanoe's support for the rights of gay couples.