Zambia: Kwacha Heading To ZMK3,400/US$
- Copper Dependency Exposed. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Dec2008, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p7
The article forecasts the economic condition of Zambia for 2008-2009. The declining price of copper is expected to create a significant impact on the metal trade's balance of payments as well as to the level of foreign reserves. Real gross domestic product (GDP) growth is projected to decline by...
- Economic Conditions. // Zambia Country Review;2001/2002, p27
Describes economic conditions in Zambia as of July 2001. Overview of the domestic economy; Economic performance in the 1990s; Balance of payments.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Zambia;4/11/2011, p7
The article presents information on the economic conditions in Zambia. The country is considered one of the poorest nations as roughly two-thirds of Zambians live in poverty. The country's greatest challenge is HIV/AIDS, with 14.3 percent prevalence among the adult population. It is noted that...
- Economy stalls as copper demand falls. // African Business;May2009, Issue 353, p81
The article focuses on the effect of the fall in copper demand on the economic conditions of Zambia in 2009. Copper prices had plummeted to just under $3,000 per ton but recovered slightly due to renewed demand from China. Luanshya Copper Mines PLC ceased its operations that left about 1,700...
- Slump in copper prices hurting Zambia. Mukwita, Anthony // New York Amsterdam News;01/14/99, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on the economic problems in Zambia which was caused by the decline of copper prices worldwide.
- Zambia's economy is likely to grow by 6% this year - finance minister. // African Business News;8/13/2013, p55
The article speculates that Zambia's economy may grow by 6 percent in 2013, falling short of its 7 percent target as a decline in copper prices limits expansion.
- Economic Overview. // Zambia Country Review;2013, p69
The article offers information on the economy of Zambia after independence and mentions that the country faced economic growth in spite of financial crisis due to increase in copper price.
- Kwacha To Resist Headwinds. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/19/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p20
The article discusses an outlook for Zambia for 2011. It is predicted that the Zambian kwacha will remain stable due to the support it gets from a good balance of payments position and investor sentiment. It is believed that the elections scheduled in the year would be contested, leading to...
- Economic Overview. // Zambia Country Review;2011, p62
The article offers information related to the economy of Zambia including the growth of its copper mining sector, its resilience to the global economic crisis, and improvement in macroeconomic policies.