A Life Settlement Mosaic
- Coventry First Acquires $1 Billion in Life Insurance Policies. // Insurance Advocate;4/14/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 15, p48
Reports on Coventry First LLC's acquisition of $1 billion in life insurance policies in the U.S. since November 2001. Demand for the company's insurance products.
- Coventry First Provides Policyowners With More Than $50 Million Over Cash Surrender Value. // Insurance Advocate;10/28/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 41, p9
Focuses on the life insurance policies acquired by Coventry First. Failure of policyowners to access the fair market value of their insurance policies; Use of institutional funds to finance the acquisition of policies; Cash surrender value of the insurance policies of older persons.
- Coventry First Reports Acquiring More Than $2 B, Since November 2001, In Secondary Life Values. // Insurance Advocate;3/22/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p45
Focuses on the acquisition of life insurance policies by Coventry First LLC, creator of the secondary market for life insurance in the U.S. Recognition of the secondary market in the financial services industry; Provision of competition for underperforming life insurance; Offer of flexibility to...
- Secondary Market Provider For Life Insurance commends NAIC On Model Regulation Adoption. // Insurance Advocate;6/21/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 24, p53
Reports that Coventry First, the creator of the secondary market for life insurance, has applauded the National Association of Insurance Commissioners for overwhelmingly approving a new Model Regulation which governs life settlements. Issue on licensed life insurance agents having the authority...
- Life Settlements More Popular With Agents And Insureds. Hersch, Warren S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/7/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on the importance of life settlements in the insurance industry. According to internal research from Fort Washington, Pennsylvania-based Coventry First LLC, life insurance agents account for 70% of life settlements, full-time settlement brokers generate the balance of...
- LTC and Life Settlements: Back from the Brink. Thomas, Trevor // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/10/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p19
The article focuses on the Long Term Care (LTC) and life settlements in the U.S. According to American Association for Long Term Care Insurance executive director Jesse Slome, the sales of both individual policies and products for the small and medium worksite market will increase after several...
- Conventry Now Buying Unwanted VA Contracts. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/29/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p9
Focuses on the effort of Coventry First LLC, a life settlements company, to buy unwanted variable annuities (VA) in the U.S. Preference of the firm to buy contracts with poor investment performance; Market value of the death benefits; Details on the resale price of VA.
- Shapo Says Life Settlement Market Needs Better Rules. Tuckey, Steve // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/19/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 35, p23
The article focuses on chief compliance officer of Coventry First LLC, Nat Shapo. Shapo advocates for better rules for the life settlement market. According to him, many jurisdictions either have no settlement law, or regulate viatical settlements but not life settlements, thus providing a haven...
- Life Settlement Firm Hires Shapo. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/22/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 32, p40
Reports that life settlement company Coventry First LLC has named Nathaniel Shapo as chief compliance officer. Background on Shapo's job responsibilities in the company.