SPENDING IN RETIREMENT Easing the Reins or Pulling Them In
- LOMA Launches New Investing Course Tailored Exclusively For The Financial Services Industry. // Insurance Broadcasting;6/13/2013, p1
A description of the online educational course "Institutional Investing: Principles and Practices (LOMA 357)" is provided.
- Investment Web Site Teaches by Example. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;5/3/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 85, p7
Reports on online investment education firm Venture Portfolios Inc.'s creation of a Web site that teaches people how to invest through real-life examples. Offering of case studies geared to different ages, incomes, wealth levels and investment goals.
- Taking kids to money school. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;3/16/98, Vol. 90 Issue 75, pB7
Examines ways of teaching children how to save and invest their money. The YoungAmeriTown program from the Young Americans Bank in Denver, Colorado; Comments from Pattie Boerger, a spokeswoman for the American Bankers Association (ABA); The ABA's National Teach Children to Save Day; Steps that...
- K-12 Financial Literacy Is Goal of Standards. ADAMS, CARALEE // Education Week;4/24/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p5
The article discusses kindergarten through grade 12 (K-12) financial literacy standards released in 2013 by the nonprofit Council on Economic Education, including topics such as income, credit, and savings, based on advice from economists and educators in the U.S.
- Back-to-school resolutions: money matters. // New Jersey Jewish News;8/22/2013, Vol. 67 Issue 34, p28
The article offers tips to prepare students to learn about spending and saving. It asks parents to pitch for creating budgets to their children when they start earning an income through a job or an allowance. It asks parents to introduce basics of investment to their children. It further asks...
- Savings lesson vital to build nest egg. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;8/28/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 35, p16
The article focuses on the importance of educating young people on saving and money management. It emphasizes that economics and financial literacy have been mandated to be taught in middle and high schools in Virginia and Texas. It says that lessons on personal finance are being developed by...
- Let's help consumers get real about savings. MCKENNA, IAN // Money Marketing;8/7/2014, Issue 1449, p40
The article explores opportunities within the gaps in the guidance consultation paper on simplified advice. Topics discussed include the need to consider customers' understanding, tolerance and capacity for risk to come up with suitable products, the advantages offered by the fund management...
- ABA, Citi Teach Financial Basics Nationwide. WINIG, ERIC // American Banker;4/12/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 71, p6
Reports on holding of the 2000 `National Teach Children to Save Day,' by the American Bankers Association, with help from Citibank. Emphasis on the importance of compound interest and promoting `fiscal fitness'; Hands-on activities designed to teach children the value of saving and investing.
- Thrift in the High School What One Boston School is Doing to Encourage it. Palmer, Herbert H. // Education;Mar1915, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p422
The article describes how Boston High School of Commerce in Boston, Massachusetts, is providing instruction in thrift by organizing a savings bank in the school. The school bank has been used by the teachers, the organizations, and the pupils of the school. Until the end of school in June 1914,...