Wetherspoon adds health screening to flex scheme
- Pub firm extends pension. // Employee Benefits;Dec2004, p11
Reports that pub firm JD Wetherspoon PLC has extended the number of its employees able to receive pension contributions in Great Britain. Goal of the scheme to improve recruitment; Number of extra staff considered to be covered under the plan; Expectation of JD Wetherspoon for junior members to...
- One Man and his pubs. Crush, Peter // Human Resources (09648380);Jun2010, p36
The article focuses on the personnel management approach of Wetherspoon chain owner Tim Martin in Great Britain. It mentions that Martin, who owns 250 pubs with 27,000 people employed and creating 10,00 more jobs, never compromise his promise on staff training and takes his people's performance...
- The price of innovation. Albertson, David // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p9
Deals with the ways to manage risk in employee benefits management amid the crisis faced by the U.S. as of April 2003. Importance of managing expectations; Challenge faced by benefits managers in controlling health care costs; Factors to consider to be able to contribute to management.
- Compensation options. Covey, Stephen R. // Executive Excellence;Jul99, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p3
Suggests that a company's compensation package should reflect the reality of the marketplace which rewards people based on value-added work. Types of financial compensation; Areas of psychic compensation; Examples of compensation packages adopted by companies.
- Incentive compensation. Bowen Jr., John J. // Executive Excellence;Jul99, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p11
Reflects on the returns management gain from the cost of compensation. Value of employees to a business organization; Nature of compensation; Tips on designing a compensation package suited to the needs of employees; Importance of having an assessment program for compensation; Need for...
- Contributions. // Employee Benefits;Nov2003, p11
Reports on a survey which reveals that nearly two-thirds of employers with over 1,000 workers have asked staff to raise contributions. Percentage of salary contributed by defined benefit scheme members; Analysis of employer contribution levels for majority of staff.
- FROM THE EDITOR. VanDerhei, Jack L. // Benefits Quarterly;1992 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p3
This quarter's issue features a special section on international employee benefits. Lorna M. Dailey and John A. Turner compare the financing methods used for private pension systems in nine countries and conclude that the underlying financial risk of private pensions can best be managed by...
- Beaches and sand castles. Oaff, Barbara // Employee Benefits;June2004, p20
Focuses on the employee benefit schemes in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Attractions offered in the area; Remuneration received by employees; Use of end of service gratuity as a form of pension.
- MANAGER'S TOOL KIT. Liberman, Vadim // Across the Board;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p94
Discusses several issues concerning business and personnel management. Considerations in providing additional work or family benefits for employees; Innovative benefits offered by various companies; Impact of a change in position title on the self-concept of employees.