BMW & the British Motor Industry: Shock to the System
- Confidential. // Automotive News Europe;2/9/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p11
Presents news briefs on the automobile industry as of February 9, 2004. Auction of a special-edition MG TF LE 135 automobile from MG Rover; Recall of the mountain bikes sold by Porsche AG; Unit of measurement developed by Bayerische Motoren Werke specifically for the X3 sport utility vehicle.
- Industry by NUMBERS. // Automotive News Europe;2/9/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p11
Presents statistics about the automobile industry. United of discontinued BMW M3 CSL built in 2003; Number of MG Rover vehicles sold globally in 2003; Weight in kilograms of all-aluminum Jaguar XJ.
- MG Rover takes over engine plant. Glover, Maurice // Automotive Engineer;Jun2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the acquisition of the Powertrain engine plant in Longbridge, Great Britain by MG Rover Group Ltd. after the finalization of the accounts at Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW). Overview of the final agreement with BMW; Views of chief executive officer of MG Rover Group Ltd. Kevin Howe...
- The force of history. Kimberley, William // Automotive Engineer;Apr2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on the views of the author on the sale of MG Rover Group Ltd. by Bayerische Motoren Werke AG. The author feels particularly sorry for all those at MG Rover who are losing jobs plus the very many more in the supply chain who, for no fault of their own, have suffered a similar...
- For sale: The MG brand. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;4/18/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6143, p62
The article informs that MG Rover Group Ltd. could survive that appears headed for extinction. PricewaterhouseCoopers, the administrator called in on April 6, 2005 to run MG Rover while the automaker is in a British form of reorganization, say various parties interested in acquiring the MG brand...
- MG names execs, faces skeptical stakeholders. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;03/27/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the challenges faced by MG Car Company after it was formed by Alchemy Partners to operate the remains of Rover Group. Details on the agreement between Rover and its former owner, Bayerische Motoren Werke; Reaction of the Transport & General Workers Union to the developments.
- Powertrain returns to the Rover fold. // Professional Engineering;5/30/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p5
Reports that Bayerische Motoren Werke AG has completed the handover of its Powertrain engine and component plant at Longbridge, England to MG Rover Group Ltd.
- BMW to keep Rover plant. // Supply Management;7/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p8
Reports on Bayerische Motoren Werke AG's plan to keep its automobile body pressing plant in Swindon, England. MG Rover's threat to withdraw its business over a pricing dispute.
- Mini-celebration is called for. Lee, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);4/9/2007, Vol. 293 Issue 7721, p5
The article focuses on the success of BMW AG in its production of the Mini, a reinvention of the car previously produced by MG Rover Group Ltd. The sale of the millionth Mini in Cowley, England, is said to be basis of the success, and it was a risk for the car giant as it took the bid to...