Why Detroit May Miss Telematics
- Navigating the telematics industry. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;6/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p12
Comments on the telematics industry in the United States. Business failure of Wingcast LLC; Reasons for the problems experienced by car manufacturers and the wireless industry in fusing their expertise in telematics; Outlook for the telematics sector.
- Caught in the telematics triangle. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;Oct2002, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p18
Reports that car makers are integrating telecommunication and information technology features to their automobiles. Growth potential of the telematics market in the car industry; Focus on the operations of General Motors subsidiary telematics service provider OnStar; Japan-based car companies'...
- STREET smarts. Miller, Chris // Aftermarket Business;Jul2005, Vol. 115 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on telematics in automobiles in the U.S. Benefits and advantages of the telematics technology; Projected growth of the telematics industry. INSET: Can your car catch a virus?.
- CAR WARS. Daniels, Guy // Euronet;Dec2000, Issue 7, p18
Focuses on the Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) in the global automotive industry. Concept of ITS; Car sporting innovations; Concentration on telematics.
- Growing an Industry. Bingham, Lora J. // Automotive Industries;Jul2001, Vol. 181 Issue 7, p32
Highlights the impact of telematics to the European automobile industry. Factors contributing to the revenue growth of the European automobile industry; Forecast on the convergence of telematic control units; Similarity between the profitability and innovation issues faced by the automobile...
- Japan Steers American Autos into the Future. Thuresson, Mike // J@pan Inc.;Jun2003, Issue 44, p12
Describes the effort of Japan to commercially launch its car navigation systems with connectivity to third-generation wireless networks in the U.S. market in 2003. Reputation of Japan in the field of wireless connectivity; Features of Japanese telematics systems; Popularity of the Japanese car...
- TELEMATICS SET TO ACCELERATE IN THE FAST LANE. Allan, Roger // Electronic Design;6/16/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 13, p76
Focuses on the significance of telematics in the automobile industry. Growth of the telematics market; Provision of timely information, services, and entertainment to a car's occupants; Aspects of the telematic technology.
- growth of the superhighway information. Slavnich, Dean // Automotive Engineer;Jun2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p60
Provides information on the integration of the telematics technology into the automobile industry. Telematics functions offered by carmakers; Advantage of telematics to the industry; Details of how the changes in European rules on car sales affected the establishment of telematics in the industry.
- Telematics for the masses. Slavnich, Dean // Automotive Engineer;Mar2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p53
Focuses on the adoption of telematics technology by the automobile industry. Factors limiting telematics integration in cars; Problems faced by car supplies companies; Xanavi Carwings telematics terminal.