TEACHING LAW OFFICE MANAGEMENT: WHY LAW STUDENTS NEED TO KNOW THE BUSINESS OF BEING A LAWYER
- Untitled. // Education Digest;Jan1940, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p46
The article describes an experiment in legal instruction in which the classroom is converted into a law office. Actual problems of professional lawyers are solved by students who assume the roles of the office personnel. The method has proved so successful that it was adopted as a permanent...
- The Law Launch Project. // Tennessee Bar Journal;Nov2013, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p11
The article presents quotations from law school students on being in law school as part of the Law Launch Project.
- Third year offers students opportunity to define, hone skills. Desk, Dean's // Indiana Lawyer;10/9/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p9
The article offers information on the third year of law school wherein some students participate in full-semester externships in public sector and work in law clinic.
- 'No work, study for free,' BPP tells law students. // Lawyer;5/6/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p7
The article focuses on BPP Law School and its lawyer qualification program that allows students in graduate diplomas in law (GDL) and legal practice courses (LPC) to take an additional qualification for free if they fail to obtain permanent employment.
- Back to school: Profile in law. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/26/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 14, p5B
Profiles several older students in the U.S. who returned to school for their law degrees. Sandra Maliszewski who worked as a nurse and midwife and studies law at Ruskin Moscou Faltischek; Marty G. Glennon of the City University of New York Law School; Terry Cipriani, a partner at Davidow,...
- Law student practice rule under study. // Tennessee Bar Journal;Apr2006, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p7
The article reports that the Tennessee Supreme Court has published for comment a suggestion from law schools to modify Rule 7 to update the student law practice rule. The proposal was contained in a petition submitted by all four law schools in the state. The court will be accepting public...
- School Success in Seven Steps. JARMON, AMY L. // Student Lawyer;Sep2013, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p18
The article offers seven steps to succeed in the law school. It suggests to organize one's course materials, to implement a calendaring system, and to set a routine study schedule. The article also recommends to devote six to eight hours per week for research and writing time, and to understand...
- FICTIONAL LAWYERS. PERSKY, ANNA STOLLEY // Student Lawyer;Nov2013, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the impact of fictional lawyers on law students who are guided on acceptable attorney decorum and ethical rules by television series like "L.A. Law," "Suits" and "Law & Order." Michael Asimow, visiting professor at Stanford Law School in California, noted that several law...
- LAW STUDENTS ON LAW SCHOOL=THE JOB CHASE. Morocco, Maria // ABA Journal;Sep90, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p66
Presents the reflections of several U.S. law students and recent graduates upon their law school experiences. Pressure to get good grades; Cost of legal education; Hands-on lawyering; Role models.