CONCURRENCE, POSNER-STYLE: TEN WAYS TO LOOK AT THE CONCURRING OPINIONS OF JUDGE RICHARD A. POSNER
- 'Posnerian' wisdom. Berfanger, Rebecca // Indiana Lawyer;7/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p3
The article features the opinions of U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Richard A. Posner. It mentions that the opinions of Posner on judicial topics were included in the book "The Quotable Judge Posner: Selections From Twenty-Five Years of Judicial Opinions," by Robert F. Blomquist....
- Foreword. Murray Jr., John E. // Duquesne Law Review;Winter2013, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including perception of Richard A. Posner, Judge at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, regarding an attorney's role in appellate courts, legal philosophy, and legal doctrines.
- 7th Circuit revers on Cinergy case. // Indiana Lawyer;10/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on the reversal of the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals of an Indiana judge's decision in the case of Environmental Protection Agency against Cinergy Corp.
- Beware retaliation following internal bias investigation. Ritter, David B. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the decision of the seventh Circuit Court of Appeals in the U.S. at the case Gomez v. Restaurant One Limited Partnership and discusses internal bias investigation on employee discrimination complaints.
- LAGAL BRIEFS. // State Journal (WV);4/18/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p19
The article offers news briefs on the appointment of West Virginia University College of Law student David Stone as editor-in-chief of "West Virginia Law Review" and the decision of Ohio 7th District Court of Appeals to uphold the $10 million verdict.
- RadLAX Gateway Hotel v. Amalgamated Bank (11-166). // Federal Lawyer;Aug2012, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p61
The article discusses the decision given by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the seventh circuit in the RadLAX Gateway Hotel v. Amalgamated Bank case.
- THE POWER OF POSNER: A STUDY OF PRESTIGE AND INFLUENCE IN THE FEDERAL JUDICIARY. McCurdy, Christopher C.; Thompson, Ryan P. // Idaho Law Review;2012, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p49
The article focuses on Richard Posner, judge at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, who is renowned as the most influential judge on the U.S. bench. It presents information on his prestige and influence within the federal judiciary. It throws light on the influence of judges in...
- Don't get burned! The cat's paw theory of discriminatory firing. Wilson, Danielle // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Nov2011, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p6
The article focuses on the so called Cat's Paw Theory that prohibits employers from defending themselves against employment discrimination claims in the U.S. It notes that the theory was first introduced on the decision of Judge Richard Posner of the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals over the 1990...
- Defendants Liable for Failure to Transfer Funds to 401(k) Plan. // Legal-Legislative Reporter;Jan2009, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit to affirm in part and reverse in part a district court's ruling with regard to a plaintiff's claim for benefits following the failure of the defendant to transfer funds to a 401(k) plan. The defendant also...