Deng Siyu (Teng Ssu-yu) and the Development of American Sinology After World War II
- Xiao Gongquan (Hsiao Kung-chuan) and American Sinology. Zhou Mingzhi // Chinese Studies in History;Fall2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p41
The article focuses on the life and contributions of Chinese sinologist Xiao Gongquan to the American sinology. It explores the challenges he has faced when he first came in the U.S., his academic experiences, and his death. It also discusses the sinologist's criticism on the weaknesses of...
- STANDING UP FOR LIBERTY: A CONVERSATION WITH PERRY LINK. Link, Perry; Lu, Hanchao // Chinese Historical Review;Nov2014, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p162
In this enormously rich and spirited conversation, Perry Link reminisces about his training as a student of Chinese language and literature in the midst of American involvement in the Vietnam War, his early understanding of Chinese revolution and socialism, and his encounters with such...
- THE DEAN OF CHINA. Butterfield, Fox // New Republic;7/5/82, Vol. 187 Issue 1, p34
Reviews the book "Chinabound: A Fifty Year Memoir," by John K. Fairbank
- China Watch. Waldron, Arthur // Orbis;Spring88, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p323
The article reviews the book "China Watch," by John King Fairbank.
- John K. Fairbank and His Views on Sino-American Relations from the 1940's to the 1970's. Fan Yangcai // Canadian Social Science;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
This paper attempts to evaluate John K. Fairbank's roles in the development of Sino-American relations. It first examines Fairbank's experiences and Chinabound activities, then analyses his perspectives on Sino- American relations from the 1940's to the 1970's, as well as his vacillating views...
- CHINA'S STAKE IN CHINA. // New Republic;7/12/48, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p24
Reviews the book "The United States and China," by John King Fairbank.
- The United States and China. // New Republic;7/7/79, Vol. 181 Issue 1/2, p39
The article reviews the book "The United States and China," by John King Fairbank.
- The Emigration of German Sinologists 1933-1945: Notes on the History and Historiography of... Kern, Martin // Journal of the American Oriental Society;Oct-Dec98, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p507
Provides information on a study which examines the emigration of German scholars in Sinology and East Asian art history from 1933 to 1945 in the United States and the United Kingdom. Discussion on how and to what degree the fact that many scholars left their county has been acknowledged by...
- Reading the Dragon's Mind. // Time;3/18/1966, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p34
The article offers information on the suggestions of experts on the stands and efforts on the U.S. with regards to China and Vietnam War. Harvard Historian John K. Fairbank, states that Communists must be stopped in their attempt to take over South Vietnam. Columbia Political Scientist A. Doak...